My CHA Tim Holtz Projects

Hi everyone! Today I'm sharing the rest of my CHA projects that were in the Tim Holtz booth.



Love the new Sizzix Tim Holtz texture fades and dies!  The circle die-cut is the Prize Ribbon die, the texture fade is the Chevron & Lattice set, Chevron Frameworks Die and the Mini Shield  die has his new Industrious Chiseled Alphabet stickers on top.  I also used papers from his new Wallflower collection, along with the Expedition Ephemera pack, Framed plastic Alpha Parts (adventure & arrow), monocle, Chipboard Alpha Chips, and file tabs.   I think Sizzix's Garden Greens and Spring Greenery dies by Tim Holtz are going to be my most used dies.  I want to use these on everything I create, and for "guy" layouts or cards, they are perfect instead of flowers.



One thing I love about Tim Holtz products, they are made for altering, which I just can't resist!  The plastic parts, after a light sanding, take his paint beautifully.  The background type dies and embossing folders are perfect for adding different textures that add dimension to any project.  I just keep adding different products until I'm happy with the end result.  There's a bit of everything on these pieces, paint, stain, ink, rock candy crackle paint,  and embossing powder.
I guess I should mention, 'cause I know someone will ask; the photo is of my great-uncle who is in the middle.  He was a marine engineer and travelled from Scotland to Nigeria many times. I'm not sure when this photo was taken, I'm guessing in the l930's. My sister recently found a small album of photos at our parents that we had never seen before, and this was one of the photos inside.  I knew I wanted to use it with this collection, it was perfect!

On to my next layout, which is my favourite.  As soon as I saw the seahorses,  I could hardly wait to use them!


The Bigz Sand and Sea die includes the seahorse, sand dollar and the starfish can be the center of the sand dollar also.  There's a mini Sand & Sea also and can't forget the Confetti Decorative Strip which is what my dots are from.  The papers are also from the Wallflower collection, the stencil used was Tim's Bubble stencil, Framed Alpha Parts, file tab, Industrious Frame Sticker (love these stickers!) and his new Remnant Rub-ons, Life Quotes.


Here's a close up of my altered chipboard die-cuts; a combination of chipboard, patterned paper, rock candy crackle paint, ink, and stain.  

And my last project, is my altered clock.


Again, all the papers used are from Wallflower.  The flowers are die-cut from Sizzix's Tim Holtz  Tattered Flower Garden Decorative Strip and I told you I will be using these a lot; Spring Greenery and  Garden Greens Sizzix dies.  Inside I have a Tim Holtz Letterpress wooden block, heart charm and arrow adornment from his new Idea-oloy release.


There's a few butterflies from Sizzix's Tim Holtz die, Butterfly Frenzy,  distress stained ribbon, Eclectic Ephemera, and Industrious Border stickers.


It's hard to tell in my photos, but the clock itself was covered in Tim Holtz tissue, then crackled, and inked. The edge of the bell and clock face are the Industrious border stickers, altered of course! You probably can tell by now, I have a hard time not altering everything!

I love everything in this new release, and wish I had been able to create more for the show, but unfortunately ran out of time!  Tim has been posting highlights from CHA and the other designer's projects on his blog, make sure you check them out!  I feel so honoured to be a part of this talented group.  A big thank you to Tim Holtz for asking me!!

Hope you have enjoyed my projects and are inspired!

Until next time,

Jan

12 comments

Redanne said...

Your projects are stunning, I particularly love the wonderful seahorse layout and the clock is so beautifully decorated.

Scrapthat said...

Beautiful work Jan!! I adore all of the pieces you made, Congratulations and TFS!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Your work was BRILLIANT! I loved every piece!!!

Lynne said...

Jan - When I saw your clock on Tim Holtz blog I knew I had to come and check you out further. This just takes my breath away with all the beauty you packed into this small area. All of your projects are simply fabulous. You did a great job show casing Tim's wonderful products.

Sharon Y said...

Jan, you are such an inspiration! Your pieces are just stunning. What a difference the layers, details, and alterations make.

Lynn said...

Jan your projects are just fabulous!! I love all your ideas!!

KAT said...

Stunningly beautiful Jan! I especially like the crackle effect on the clock and the under the sea pieces!

Jenny Marples said...

WOW Jan! You created some of my favourite projects from the show and have given me so many ideas to try. So pleased you were included on the team so you could share your talent with the World. Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, your projects are SO gorgeous!!! I love all the different textures & layers.

Unknown said...

After scrolling through the pictures of CHA I kept coming back to your samples. Had to find out more about this lady. And here you are! Love, love, love your work!

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Stunning projects Jan, wonderful details and designs. Amazing. Tracy x

Wendy said...

Just adore your seahorse page!! Colours, textures, all so yummy... Have just pre-ordered the Sand and Sea die, can't wait to play! :) XX

Back to Top