A Tag Full of Gears

 I haven't had a chance to use these new Sizzix Gear dies by Prima, so what better way to try out new dies than making a tag.


For my tag, I used papers from We R Memory Keeper's collection, Indian Summer.  Love this leather looking paper!


The four gear Prima die set is a Sizzix Bigz Die called Love Gears which can cut out heavier materials such as chipboard, plastic and felt.  The other Prima gear collection is a thinlit die set called Rondeaux which cuts out paper, cardstock and thin acrylic. I also used this Sizzix Zippy Zipper Die on my tag.

The zipper was cut out in copper adhesive sheets from Vintaj and also brown paper.  The metal die-cut was used for the zipper teeth and head.  After I had assembled the zipper, I glued it to my brown leather paper which had been cut out in the middle, where the zipper opens.  I  machine stitched down the two sides of the zipper and also around the edge of the tag.  Next I embossed the two sides with an embossing folder from Sizzix called, Floral &Vines.  This folder has embossing just in the corner, which I really like sometimes, as you can add just a small touch of embossing to a tag, or label.  I lightly sanded the embossed areas and edges, then applied adhesive all around the outer edge.  I then adhered this to my turquoise tag base.


I cut out some of the gears(from the bigz die) in chipboard, then embossed with Ranger's Verdigris embossing powder and then embossed again in a few areas, with Ranger's Antiquities Rust powder.  The other gears were die-cut from the Prima thinlit dies using patterned paper from the Indian Summer collection.  I cut out two for each gear and glued them together, so they were sturdier.  I adhered them to my tag as in the photo, added my ribbon, and pin with small gears.  My tag was complete!

I love gears, and these ones are a little different with the heart cut-outs.  I've also saved all those cute little hearts, they will be good for future projects.

Hope you are having a great weekend,
thanks for stopping by!

Jan


1 comment

Lisa H said...

This is so super cool!!

Back to Top