Urban Scrapbook September Layout

I can't believe it's already September!  As much as I love fall, I'm not ready for it.  We've had a beautiful hot summer, I would just like a month more.  I think because our last winter dragged on forever, just the thought of it arriving before we know it, makes me cringe!  With September, comes the fall leaves and that's the feature of my Urban Scrapbook September Layout Challenge:


Our layouts included Papers, and journaling cards from We R Memory Keeper's line, Indian Summer.  Also in each kit is one of Sizzix's Tim Holtz ShadowPress Debossing folders.  I had the "hello" one in mine.  For my leaves, I used Sizzix's new Tim Holz Layered Leaf w/texture fade.  I am loving these bigz dies that come with it's own texture fade (embossing folder) and this one is going to be a big favourite!  They haven't arrived at the store yet, but should be in the next week or two (I hope).  I cut one out of plastic and used it as a stencil on my background paper first.  I used sprays and also my Tim Holtz Distress Marker Spritzer.  I'm starting to use this spritzer more and more, I love the control I have where I want the fine spray.  My other leaves were cut out of the patterned paper then inked.  There was burlap ribbon in the kit, which I sprayed and pressed into my paper, and also leather trim, metal feather, Tim Holtz banner die-cuts, and American Crafts letters.  
Check out what the rest of the design team have done with their kits here!  If you would like to join in on the challenge, the kits are for sale at Urban.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan

5 comments

Sharon Y said...

Wonderful layout Jan. Your color choice and variety of textures just makes it pop.

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous, Jan!

Christina said...

Beautiful colors, Jan! Love the leaves and textures!

Kelly Made It said...

Fun to see it at the store Jan, it's even more beautiful in person. I especially love the stencilled leaves and your photo looking down the road. xk

Unknown said...

Your layout is spectacular! Love it!

Back to Top