A Christmas Card

It seems like it's been a long time since I've posted. I took a short break from here and my scrapbooking.  I usually am in my room, creating but I just haven't felt like it. Unfortunately my dad passed away on November 18th and family has taken priority as it should.  We all knew he was failing fast, but it's hard to believe he's gone. At least he went peacefully in his sleep, and was not in any pain. My mom is doing pretty good, considering she has lost her husband of 65 years.

Christmas was my dad's favourite time of year and we are all determined to celebrate it as best we can in his honour.  I have a few projects that I had completed before his passing, but I haven't shared so I will be doing this, hopefully this week.  One of these is my last post with the Tim Holtz Media Team.  Tim has made the decision and I'm sure a very hard one for him, to end the Media Team.  He has worked very hard to build his brand and, as far as I'm concerned, has the best customer and fan base ever!  I can see why he has missed them and the interaction on his blog.  Working in a store, and helping customers with their purchases, projects, sharing ideas and just inspiring them is so rewarding for me and I know I would miss that part of scrapbooking if it ever ended.  I am so lucky and grateful that I was chosen to represent the Tim Holtz brand, even if it was for a short time.  So, hopefully I can finish editing my photos and post my tutorial this week.

For now, here is a card I have done for the Sizzix Design Team:


This card has lots of layers!  I embossed the top layer with Sizzix's Tim Holtz 660043 Holiday Knit folder, then die-cut the center out with Tim Holtz Labels thinlit die   .  The edge was accented with Liquid Pearls.  The next layer was die-cut with Tim's Block Holiday Words thinlit set.   These thinlit dies use the negative space.  I cut this slightly larger than the embossed layer and pop-dotted it to the woodgrain patterned paper (from Webster's Pages Nest and also Gingerbread Collection).  I then added in a red cardstock layer, slightly larger than the die-cut paper.  I finished off with another white cardstock layer, about 1/4 border all around.   This was adhered to my white cardstock base.


My white winter greens were die-cut using the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens thinlit die set. I can't stop using this die set!  Love, love, love!!  To finish off my card, I added in some Petaloo Sugared Blooms.

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan




4 comments

Unknown said...

oh jan i am so sorry to hear about the passing of your father. i know it wasn't long ago that you did the page with the picture of him and your mom. you said you noticed how frail he had become. it seems like he went so quickly. i am glad he went peacefully and without pain. he is now flying free for his next journey. take care of yourself. try to just remember all the fun times and it will keep a smile on your face.

Paula Cheney said...

love your card Jan - so lovely is white. You make the Holiday knits pattern look wonderful!

Marci said...

Sorry to hear about your father, loss is always hard. This is a wonderful card.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I bought the thin set for the same foliage and never thought to use it white! I'm going to try that.

Back to Top