Tag Inspiration

Just sharing a tag today!






This large tag is die-cut from a new Sizzix Stephanie Ackerman Bigz L die and measures 4" x 8".  Your sandwich when die-cutting bigz dies is; cutting pad, die, paper, another cutting pad.  Run this sandwich through your Big Shot machine. The cardstock I used is a new favourite, and has a kind of velvet metallic finish and a dark burgundy/purple
undertone.


I die-cut two feathers from the new Sizzix Tim Holtz Feather Duo with Texture Fade out of the same metallic cardstock.  The two feathers were embossed with the cordinating embossing folder.  On one of the feathers, I used Scarlet Ice metallic leaf flakes and FlitterGlue on the raised embossed areas of one leaf.


On the bottom of my tag, I stamped a nest with clear embossing ink.  Ranger's Sticky Embossing powder was then applied and heated.  Once heated, this powder turns sticky, and my leafing flakes were applied.


For embellishments, I die-cut a honeycomb piece from Tim Holtz's Mixed Media thinlits die, the word cherish from the thinlits die,  Handwritten Love, small postage stamp label from Tim Holtz Labels Thinlits set,  a flower made from Sizzix Tattered Pinecone Bigz die.  Small flowers and handcut flowers from Prima's Archivist paper were also added.  Two small birds were also die-cut from the Sizzix Thinlit die, Birds in Flight.


To finish off my tag, I dyed seam binding ribbon with Distress Sprays.  

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan

7 comments

Jenny Marples said...

I am completely in love with this Jan!!! The colours work perfectly and your clever combination of embossed feathers, bird nest stamping and die cuts have me in awe. Loving seeing you use FlitterGlu too! Did you know you can stamp with it and add your embossing powder in the same way? Thank you for sharing your magic. Jenny x

Kim said...

Your tag is absolutely lovely. The contrast of the black with the colors is stunning. I have the FlitterGlu and metallic leaf flakes on my wish list as well as the Mixed Media die. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Cool colours in your project Jan. So unexpected! The Mixed Media die is going to sell like hotcakes in the store. I like how you used the negative left from cutting out the word too. Very pretty! x

Unknown said...

Beatiful!

Ruby Craft said...

Very pretty, love the foil. What brand is the paper? I can see the undertones in the picture with the die. I bet this is even lovelier in real life.

Sharon Y said...

So bold and stunning Jan! The nest looks amazing with the flake on it.

experiments in paper said...

WOW! Love this - so many great ideas and techniques. I love using gilding flakes, and thank you for reminding me about the sticky embossing powder! xx Lynn

Back to Top