A Stamped Doily Card

Hello!  Today I sat down just to play and create something.  No deadline, not for work, just for me.  It doesn't seem to happen as much as I would like, but it's pretty hard to resist the need to use some new products.  There has been a lot of that arriving in the past week at the store.  I seemed to have spent a small fortune (how did that happen?), thank goodness it was payday!  One of my purchases was this Tim Holtz Doily Stamp set:


How did I  get the floral pattern on my stamp?  It's easier than you think!



This is my favourite paper from the new Tim Holtz Paper Stash "Dapper" Collection, so I decided to use this for my pattern.  I cut out a piece 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 and stamped three of the doilies from my set(CMS254) on my paper with clear embossing ink.  I then used clear embossing powder on the images and heat set.  This now acts as a resist.  Next I sprayed the entire surface with Aged Mahogany Distress Spray Stain.  Wipe off the excess that has pooled on the resist doilies. Don't you love this colour?  The pattern shows through on the areas that resisted the spray. See, how easy is that!


To accent my stamped doilies, I applied and rubbed in with a Walnut Stain Distress Crayon along the outside edges.  Love these crayons, they are so creamy.  I just rubbed with my finger, so it gave a soft shadow.


To finish off my card, I applied Tim Holtz Gold Design Tape to a strip of Gold Metallic Core-dinations cardstock and adhered this to my card.  I dyed some Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon with Tarnished Brass Mica Spray and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain Spray and tied it into a bow after it had dried.  Hung from it is one of the new Idea-ology Cameo Frames(a piece of patterned paper inside).  My "celebrate" is from Sizzix's Tim Holtz 660215 Celebrate Handwritten die. This is matted on black cardstock, then gold metallic core-dinations paper, before my card base.


This is just another way to use your stash of stamps and patterned paper!

Thanks for stopping by and hope you come back and visit.  I haven't had a chance to show my Tim Holtz CHA booth projects, I will be doing that soon!

Jan

3 comments

Samra said...

Gorgeous card! Love the simplicity and stunning elegance that this card airs!
Hugs

Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Lovely card Jan, gorgeous colour scheme too. Happy crafting, Angela x

Back to Top