Happy Spring Card

Hello everyone!  With our mild winter weather here, it feels like spring is almost here.  I think it's about time to start making those spring and easter cards, don't you?  


Pink Fresh has a fun and whimsical collection, called Felicity.  With a couple of dies, paper and embellishments, this card was easy to put together.


Sizzix makes some great Framelits Shaped sets, and this Bubbly set works well with cards.  I added in some flowers die-cut from the Thinlits set, Secret Garden 660694, using white smooth cardstock, and printed Pink Fresh vellum.


After die-cutting the patterned paper with my Bubbly Framelits, I adhered this to a piece of cardstock cut slightly larger.  Using small fine tip scissors, I hand cut the cardstock, following the shape, just slightly larger than the die-cut. To decorate the white die-cut flowers, I just used a black marker and doodled on them.  The vellum flower pieces were layered and topped with Pink Fresh Puffy Sticker embellishments.  The embellished die-cut shape was pop-dotted on a matted piece of patterned paper, then the patterned card base.



The centers of the flowers were highlighted with a dot of Ranger's Liquid Pearls.  While assembling my card, I added in some puffy stickers from Pink Fresh.


Hope I've inspired you to create your own spring cards!



March is National Craft Month and Sizzix wanted to do something fun with everyone.  Every day, starting March 1st, they have a different  theme/idea for you to post a photo on Instagram.   Make sure you tag your post with #sizzixCM so we can all see your photos!



Happy crafting!


1 comment

Debbie said...

Where can I find the Felicity papers used on this card? So pretty!

Back to Top