A Vintage Tag

Hi everyone, today I am sharing a tag I created.


I love this new Tim Holtz Lace Texture Fade Embossing Folder from Sizzix.  It's the perfect background for the vintage lady paper dolls (Tim Holtz TH93555).



I sometimes make a slit on the crease of my embossing folders (taking care to leave the edges attached), to allow my tag to extend past, as shown here in this photo.  After my tag was embossed, I applied Distress Oxide ink (Fossilized Amber) to the entire  tag, then spritzed with water.  Once this was dry, I inked with Vintage Photo, the raised areas.


To embellish my tag, I added in the Tim Holtz coloured (with markers) paper dolls, metal corners, metal word band, Designer tape, charmed metal finding with a gum drop inside (tinted with alcohol ink), and ephemera snippets.  My flowers were die-cut using Sizzix's Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals Thinlits set and patterned paper from Tim Holtz Memoranda, held together with Hex Fastener brads.  The little white flowers (Tim Holtz Bouquet Findings) were dipped in Ranger's Mica Spray (Buttercup) that was sprayed on my craft mat.  

Thanks so much for stopping by,

until next time,

Jan 

SaveSave

6 comments

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

This is breathtaking Jan! You knocked it out of the park. Love it.
Freddie

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

This is breathtaking Jan! You knocked it out of the park. Love it.
Freddie

sarascloset said...

Beautiful color combination and a sweet vintage design!

Sandra L. said...

Hi, Jan, great tag! What markers did you use, the Tim Holtz ones? Thanks!

Jan Hobbins said...

Hi Sandra! Yes, I used the Tim Holtz Markers. Unfortunately they have been discontinued recently. Whether I use a marker or a Distress Ink Pad, I apply the colour to my craft mat and use a watercolour brush (Ranger's) to apply the colour on my dolls.

Sandra L. said...

Jan, thanks for the reply. I didn't know they discontinued the markers! I've discovered two other products that work very well on the Dolls. One are the Pitt Artist Marker Brush Pens. They have India ink in them, and they dry very quickly and come in a big range of colors. Also, Marabu Art Crayons work very well. You just apply them and smooth them out with your finger. By the next day, they are permanent. I've tried Distress Crayons, and while I love the colors, they're not as permanent as the Marabu.

Happy arting!

Back to Top