FLOWERS MAKE ME SMILE




Hello everyone!  I've been catching up on my card making lately.  Here's another one using products from Tim Holtz, Sizzix, and Stampers Anonymous.


I've used the Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Flower Jar Stamp set, which there are matching Sizzix Flower Jar Framelits.  These stamps are quite detailed so it's great that there are dies to cut them out.


I stamped the larger jar image three times.


One image will be die-cut for the complete image, one for the trim around the jar and the other for the lid(which I die-cut the whole image, then hand cut the lid out).  I also die-cut a jar out of a piece of thin acrylic.


I usually tape the small die with washi tape to hold it in place before die-cutting.



After cutting out the lid, I made a slit through the middle, to put the foliage and flowers through.  This is adhered to the die-cut jar.  I coloured the acrylic jar die-cut with alcohol ink and then cut off the top of the jar(you don't need this part). Adhere this to the jar front, using Glossy Accents, then the twine die-cut on top.


The Glossy Accents underneath the plastic looks kind of watery.  Because the foliage images are very intricate, you will still get a bit of background paper after die-cutting(in this case, white). If that bothers you, just use a light greyish marker, ink or watercolour on those white parts, which dulls the white and gives it a bit of a shadow.


My circles are die-cut from the new Tim Holtz Stitched Circle Framelits.  I've removed the outer stitched part of the patterned circle creating a zigzag edge.


Adhere all the layers you have cut out to your card base, using pop dots on some of them. My patterned papers are from Blue Fern Studios.


I painted some Tim Holtz Typography letters (TH93584) with Ripe Persimmon, Evergreen Bough and Fired Brick Distress paint for my "Smile" word.  Also used was a lightly painted Ruler Piece (TH93565), ribbon and Ephemera Snippets (TH93564).


Here's another look at my finished card!


Thanks for stopping by,


Jan






SaveSave

12 comments

Kelly Made It said...

Your cards are always so detailed! Gorgeous too! Great photo's and tutorial Jan! You can now leave your card at Urban, LOL....seriously, we miss your beautiful work and will always make room for it xox k

Lucy said...

This is a beautiful use of the flower jar die. I appreciate the fact that you made a place for the stems to go in the jar so to speak. I think that works really well. And the twine around the lid is another beautiful detail. Then, of course there is the beautiful detailing all throughout the card, not just the flower jar. I love looking at this. Lucy

Sherri said...

Beautiful card, Jan. Your creativity amazes me. You just made my birthday wish list longer. Thanks for sharing.

Attic Inspired Crafter said...

Absolutely love this and the detail....wow!

Rea' said...

So very pretty, love your details. You gonna make me have to buy that circle die... I absolutely love those ( have the oval and square already) :) !

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Absolutely stunning card. The colors are to die for!

sarascloset said...

BEAUTIFUL! I love those papers and the flowers look great placed IN the jar! Shows your attention to detail! I also love the idea of removing the stitching from the circle to give it the pinked appearance. Lovely design!

Linda Breedlove said...

This is absolutely amazing... I love it!!!

Paula Cheney said...

I have never tried removing the outer edge of the die cut to create the tattered edge. Such a great idea Jan!!!

Rosetta Savage-Jenkins said...

Love this Jan. You were an early inspirational force for me when I first entered the world of paper crafting. For that, I am eternally grateful!

txcn363@yahoo.com said...

I love wildflowers in a mason jar...it's just something I recall seeing in homes, here in the South, since I was a little girl. This beautiful project you crafted has brought back memories of going to my Aunt Betty's, Aunt Geneva's, Aunt Mae's, Aunt Thelda's, both of my Grandmas' and so many of the other favorite ladies in my family...I just love it and I'm so happy you shared it with all of us!

txcn363@yahoo.com said...

Wasn't that SUCH a creative idea?!?

Back to Top