Has it really been....


two weeks since my last post?  I've been trying to get all my yard work done while I'm feeling o.k. and the weather is nice.  Usually I go crazy in all the greenhouses, I can't resist all those wonderful plants and flowers, but this year I have been showing some restraint.  So far...  I bought a lot of herbs this year and I just mix them in with my flowers.  I've been using more in my cooking after reading these books by Gillian McKeith.  The recipes are mostly vegetarian, with a few that use chicken or fish.  For anyone who wants to change their eating habits and eat healthy I highly recommend them!  I thought I was a healthy eater before but now I've really stepped it up.  After reading the book "Anti-Cancer" that Heather recommended, it just confirms what this nutritionist says about eating all the right foods, to stay healthy.  That first week after my chemo treatment is so hard on my body, I feel so toxic inside.  So I'm really trying to keep myself strong and healthy in between treatments.























I haven't been scrapbooking much, have been spending more time outside and reading more. Right now I'm reading "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert.  Great book!
I did manage to get two layouts done, both for "The Color Room".  I haven't felt too creative lately, I think I need to visit The Urban Scrapbook for some motivation and retail therapy!























For this one, I was happy to use some old My Mind's Eye (Magnolia) from my stash.   There's also some Fancy Pants chipboard, Pink Paislee chipboard and a really old Daisy D's rub-on.  This rub-on was not cooperating, it was stuck on the sheet and started to tear, so I just cut it apart and put it on in sections.  I think I like it better that way, instead of a solid rub-on!

























I had trouble with this palette, for some reason.  The colors were beige, a soft blue, yellow and red.  I just stared at this page for a couple of days and nothing was coming to me so I just started playing with vellum and alcohol inks.  I really like the way the inks react when you combine a few colors together on the vellum, I might have to try this again!  Some of the cut-out pieces of paper are underneath the vellum and then I sanded the vellum with a cuttlebug dots embossing plate underneath.  I used Kaiser "Rustic Charm" patterned paper and the red is Cosmo Cricket, Snorkle.  The letters were from Little Yellow Bicycle.

Enjoy this wonderful weather and have a great weekend!


4 comments

Anonymous said...

gorgeous layouts! I love all these new recipes that are so healthy!! Almost like guilt free eating, lol

Jody said...

Beautiful Los! Thanks for sharing! Glad you are feeling better and found a recipe book that promotes healthy eating...we may need to get it here! We are gone on holidays until the 28th but I hope to see you soon after. I told Pat we need to do a photo walk again on a day where you are feeling well and a day that I can find a babysitter! Take care and enjoy the sun!

Alison said...

Beautiful Layouts, Jan!! Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Christiane said...

i changed my eating habits a couple of weeks ago and i'm feelin' more better than before!! :D
love your pages, jan!!

Back to Top