I used the corner frame from Classic's #7 set for this one. I lightly inked my tag cut out from Tim Holtz's tag die with Frayed Burlap distress ink first. Next I stamped my image with black Archival Ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. Since I seem be to addicted to Lindy's Stamp Gang Starburst sprays, I decided to use Golden Doubloons next on my tag. But instead of spraying directly on my tag, I sprayed my mat and swiped my tag through it. Before I did that though, I thought let's add in some magical powder from Lindy's to give my spray a few shots of different color. See those dark speckles everywhere? When the powder didn't dissolve, I realized that it was embossing powder that I had added! Anyways, I just used my heat gun to melt it and I don't mind how it turned out. Since I love this color of embossing powder (Lindy's Midnight Gold), I poured small amounts along the edge,
applied heat, and while hot, pressed my stamp in it. I also did this on my little Tim Holtz playing card.
I then inked my tag a big more with Scattered Straw and Peeled Paint Distress ink, added in a tissue paper flower, cut out with Tim Holtz's Tattered Flower Die and sprayed, then crunched up, and metal embellishments. I also dyed my ribbon with sprays and Distress stain. I've been backing my tags with colored cardstock (this was Coredinations colored Kraft paper), and just trim so there's about 1/8" mat around the edges. I seem to make a mess on the backside all the time, So this covers it up.
On my next tag, I used the dragonfly from Classic's #1:
I love this stamp! Again, I lightly inked my tag, with Peacock Feathers, Evergreen Bough, and Broken China. I then stamped my image with black Archival ink, and embossed with clear embossing powder. I sprayed the tag with Lindy's Golden Doubloons. After it was dry, I applied Crackle Accents to the left side of the Dragonfly. For my flower, I took a metal Graphic45 flower and ran it through my machine with an embossing folder. It didn't emboss accurately because of the thicker metal, but more or less gave it a bumpy look. I've had a set of Ranger's Patina paints (Weathered Copper) and hadn't used them yet, so I decided to color my flower with them. You don't need very much, (I wouldn't use nearly as much next time, just a drop of each color) after the flower dried, which was quite fast, I sanded it to let the metal show through. To finish off my flower, I cut out some leaves and sprigs from the Sizzix Festive Greenery Sizzlit strip die, embossed with Lindy's Midnight Gold embossing powder and adhered behind the flower. Add in some dyed ribbon, and again I backed the tag with cardstock.
I have a few more projects that I made for the Scrapbook Carnival this past weekend to share with you, but I will save those for later this week!