Embrace Imperfection

Today I'm just sharing a tag that I created, using that green embossed piece.  I was playing around with one of the Melt Art Texture Treads by Ranger.  I keep buying these but just haven't had the time to experiment with them. 



 My first attempt was with Utee awhile ago, and it didn't turn out very well. (the beauty of this medium, you can just save and reheat another time!)  So this time, I decided just to pour my embossing powder on my Ranger non-stick craft mat and heat it from underneath.  I used Lindy's Stamp Gang, Spring Leaf Chartreuse embossing powder.  I find that the powder heats a lot faster from underneath and because it's in a small pile, it doesn't blow away.  You have to work quickly, so have everything within reach!  Once it was melted, I just pressed my Graphic Gears Texture Tread on top and went over it with a brayer.  Once it had cooled down, I just peeled it off my mat!  I liked doing it this way on the mat, so I could just glue it down after wherever I wanted.  I added a touch of expresso alcohol ink in some areas and a bit of tinted rock candy crackle paint on the one side.  I was ready to use it on my tag!


I die cut two tags with "Concrete" paper from Kaiser's collection, Base Coat. On one tag I ripped sections in two spots where I wanted the tag underneath to show through.  I then sewed them together as in my photo.  With  the Tim Holtz Gears embossing folder, and Diffuser Embossing plate, I embossed the top corner and applied Rock Candy crackle paint that was tinted with peeled paint distress stain and vintage photo.  I cut apart one of the Prima Wood Borders, painted layers of different colored paint, and used Prima Ingvild Bolme's Junkyard findings to finish it.  A Tim Holtz rub-on at the bottom and stained ribbon finished it off.
Hope this inspires you to play with a different medium and have fun!

Have a great day,

Jan

5 comments

Inkypinkycraft said...

looks fab, must try them!
sorry if I have missed some comments hand makes typing slow and painful hugs trace x

Jimjams said...

Fab tag - you have some great stamps!

Debbie said...

I stumbled across this tag on Pinterest! Stunning! Love the textures and details!

Wishes
Debbie

irishgirl said...

The texture is just fantastic!

Jody said...

WOW Jan - I love how your experiments always turn out amazing!!! So inspiring! Miss you and hope to have a visit in April!

Back to Top