A Peony Gift Box

Ever since I made my Sizzix pansies project, I have been hooked on the flower dies from Sizzix's Susan Tierney Cockburn (Susan's Garden).  The flower I have used for this project was made with the Peony bigz die.  All of these flower dies have their own video, just below the die photo, on the Sizzix site, to show exactly how they are made, which is great!  I used light pink card stock, and shaded the petals with PanPastels.  This is the largest of the flower dies and it made a great topper for this Eileen Hull Square Box.  Eileen has a great little video on how to construct this fast and easy chipboard box on her blog here.
I used Prima's Delight paper from the Firefly collection.





I used buttons for little feet on the bottom of the box and on the flap.  To keep the flap closed, I used a small magnet.



This box is a nice size, perfect for a small gift and so easy to make!  Once you start making these flowers, you will be hooked too!  I have a card to share, using the poppy flower die, but that's for another day!

Until next time,

Jan



1 comment

Deneen said...

Love the box! Great idea using buttons as the feet! I just bought 2 of the Susan's Garden flower dies. The flowers a so pretty.

Back to Top