August Monthly Challenge

It's time for Urban Scrapbook's monthly Design Team layout.  This month the layout kit is filled with goodies from October Afternoon's Travel Girl collection.  Here's my layout:


In the kit, there's a 12 x 12 piece of adhesive backed canvas and I just had to alter it!  There are some wood embellishments also, so I glued them onto my canvas.  Then I applied gesso on right over the wood parts and sections of the canvas.  After it dried, I applied Tim Holtz Distress paint that I had put a small amount with a bit of water into a mini mister.  I also used some Lindy's Starburst sprays.  After my canvas was completed, I peeled off the adhesive backing and adhered it to a piece of card stock, distressing the edges and adding a bit of Inca Gold Copper to the edges also.  I adhered it to my patterned paper.


I finished off my layout with October Afternoon banners, embellishments, and photos!  There seems to be more and more wood embellishments with the new collections, this is another fun way to alter them.

Have a great weekend!

Jan

1 comment

Paula Cheney said...

very cool jan...love that technique! would love to see this one in person I bet the texture is fabulous.
paula
xx

Back to Top