Happy New Year!

It's the beginning of a new year, and you know what that means!  CHA is just around the corner. Actually it's earlier this year, so lots of new product will be arriving soon.  I feel very lucky and honoured to be asked again in creating samples for the Tim Holtz booth again this year.  I have been busy working on some secret projects and can't wait to share them with you.  But sorry, not until after the show!  Tim has started to show sneak peeks of his new products on his blog today and I know you will love all his new stuff.  My favourite is his new paper collection!

Valentine's Day will be here before we know it too and one of my favourite lines that we have received at Urban Scrapbook is the Jillibean Soup "Heart Healthy" collection. I really like the combination of kraft with red and pink, and the coordinating die-cuts.  Here's a card I created:



I also used This Sizzix "I love you & Happy Anniversary" framelit and stamp set, along with the "Dots, Zigzags & Flowers" embossing folder set from designer, Stephanie Barnard.  I started off embossing a plain piece of kraft cardstock with the flower folder, larger enough to use the large circle framelit.  Next, I stamped with black ink, the heart circle on the "Red Sherry" Jillibean paper and embossed it with Ranger's Sticky Embossing Powder.  When heated this powder turns sticky, and I was able to apply Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Glitter to my stamped image. With using black ink, my glittered image looks darker, which I wanted.   I also stamped the mini hearts onto plain kraft cardstock.


Using my Sizzix Magnetic platform and the coordinating framelits, I cut out my embossed and stamped images.  For the dry embossed circle, I used an embossing pen around the edge and red embossing powder. I adhered these to my card base, along with the Jillibean die-cuts, using adhesive and pop-dots.  I coiled a very thin piece of gold wire and adhered my small hearts on top to look like they were attached to the wire.


I'm sure I'll be using this stamp and framelit set quite a bit as there is also an anniversary and I love you round stamp included too.

I wish all of you a great 2014, and thanks for stopping by!

Jan

No comments

Back to Top