Sizzix Layered Bee Card


Remember my bee that never made it into a previous project?  I used it in this card:




Using the Sizzix Tim Holtz Layered Bee die with embossing folder, I die-cut my shape out of chipboard that I adhered patterned paper to.  The patterned paper I used was from BoBunny's "Somewhere in Time" collection.


After this, I embossed the bee with the coordinating embossing folder and inked the edges.


I cut out and embossed the bee again, but this time I used vellum.

Next, I cut off the wings of the chipboard bee and then cut out the vellum wings as shown in my photo.  After the vellum wings were cut out, I applied a few shades of alcohol ink.  I attached my vellum wings to the back of my bee with a glue dot.

My bee was done!


I added in some flowers from Petaloo, Letter Stickers from Tim Holtz, and BoBunny chipboard pieces to my card base.  I then adhered my bee to my card.


I also have a layout featured today on the Weekly Scrapper blog here.  It's a layout that I did for the Tim Holtz CHA booth, featuring my favourite dies from this year's Tim Holtz CHA release.  Our shipment of these new dies should be at the store any day now!  Love these Seashore dies.  Hope you visit their blog, lots of inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by,

Jan


7 comments

Inkypinkycraft said...

your bee is absolutely gorgeously gorgeous x

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Jan! Love, love, love the bee!

Paula Cheney said...

wonderful Jan. One of the nicest cards I've seen using this Layered Bee.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

That's not a card...that a piece of Art!!!! GORGEOUS!!!

Cassie said...

The blue on this is so eye-catching! I stumbled across it on Pinterest and have been browsing back through your blog - you create lovely stuff - thank you for sharing!
As a tip - and it's just a thought...your blog, do what you like...but for your Sizzix tutorials - it would be useful if you directly linked to them after they are live over there....just makes it easier for someone coming months/years down the line to find your tutorial.

Unknown said...

Lovely card! How have you created the background? Love the texture and colour.

R.M.Vasquez said...

Wonderful bee and card!

Back to Top