Celebrate Card


I hope you are all having a nice and relaxing Saturday!  I know I am!  My week ended up a little chaotic with a trip to the emergency with my mom, whom we thought was having a stroke.  After over ten hours in the emergency, they determined it wasn't.  They aren't sure, but think it could have been a "complex migraine".  Whatever that is, it seems to have the same symptoms as a stroke.  We had a very interesting but long day/night.  An elderly man next to mom was showing some interest in her until she told him she was 89!  At least she didn't lose her sense of humour; when we finally were in a room waiting for the doctor, she told us she sure hoped he was cute.  I think she's watched too many soap operas!
Anyways, all is well for now.  I know she has been under a lot of stress with my dad's health scare(he's 91) and having to look after him.  They are still in their own home and are too stubborn to go into a seniors complex, or I should say, they think they are too young!

Thank goodness for this hobby, it takes all the stress away as I forget about everything, playing with paper and ink!



 Here is a card I created using new dies and coordinating stamps from Sizzix's Stephanie Ackerman.  Stephanie Ackerman is a very talented artist who also is a master at doodling.  Sizzix and Stephanie have taken her designs and created Dies, Embossing Folders and Framelits with coordinating stamps.

                                                                                             

I used  the flower embossing folder from this Stephanie Ackerman set(Sizzix 659965) and embossed a white piece of cardstock.   I then matted this piece with another piece of coloured cardstock, before adhering with pop dots to a larger piece of patterned paper.  This patterned paper is the Rhonna Farrer "Just Sayin' collection" from My Mind's Eye.  I also adhered this with pop dots to my white card base.

For my flowers, I used Sizzix's Flower#5 set.  I stamped a few of the flower stamps onto Ranger's Speciality Stamping paper with black archival ink.  I used archival ink so after it was dried, it would not bleed when I coloured my images.  I used Tim Holtz Distress markers and a water pen to create my coloured flowers.  Having more than one image of the same flower, I cut different layers out of the larger flowers and pop dotted these layers for added dimension.  My celebrate label was die-cut from Sizzix's Lori Whitlock 659710 Gift Card Embellishment set.  To finish off my card, I added in some enamel dots from the Just Sayin' collection.

I just want to thank all of you for all the comments I have been receiving!  I really do appreciate all of your visits here, and to my Sizzix and Tim Holtz posts.  It makes all the time and hard work that goes into not just the projects, (that's the easy part) but also the step by step tutorials, so rewarding!

I hope you all have a great weekend.  I think I'm going to go work in the garden and enjoy this beautiful fall weather we are having!

Bye for now,

Jan

No comments

Back to Top