Good morning fellow scrapbookers!  Today I'm sharing a fun Circus Party Banner:

I love this collection from Carta Bella, called Circus Party.  I don't know why, but I'm attracted to the vintage circus look.  This has a bit of that look but with a colourful, festive look to it.

Do you ever have this dilemma?  I like it, want to buy it, but what can I make with it?  Working in a scrapbook store has it's dark side…. you like everything that comes in and want to have it all!  When I saw this awesome Sizzix Banners Framelits set, I knew this collection would make a great banner.

This is a big 34 Framelit piece set, made for the Sizzix Big Shot Plus Machine (it has a larger 8 1/2" width), but the largest banner framelit is 4 1/2" wide, so it will still fit into your regular Big Shot machine. I guess they were thinking that you could cut out multiple pieces at the same time on the larger machine. All these pieces cry out for lots of layers, right?!  This is such a great set, with so many possibilities.

I cut out all my pieces for my banner using the same shapes. The Sizzix Sandwich I used for these Framelits is; Magnetic Platform, Standard Cutting Pad, Paper, Framelits(cutting Side down), Standard Cutting Pad. Because I'm using busy patterned paper, I like to use a solid cardstock in-between each pattern.  You don't need much in-between to define each layer.  I adhere the patterned paper die-cut to a slightly larger piece of cardstock and trim that cardstock about 1/8" bigger all the way around, using the die-cut as my guide.  For the straight parts you could use a rule and craft knife to get a nice straight edge.  This really makes the different layers stand out more.  I also used pop-dots to create more dimension between the different sized layers.

Using the Carta Bella coordinating stickers, I adhered these to black cardstock, then cut them out, leaving a narrow border around each sticker shape.  These were added to my banner pieces.  I also cut out the word, "Party" from the Sizzix Tim Holtz Word Play Bigz XL Alphabet die in black cardstock.

After adhering my stickers and die-cut layers, I added in a few enamel dots and small star and button stickers.

The banners were attached together with three different colours of twine which were knotted on either side of the banner before stapling with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.  I tried  to staple them so the knot would cover the staples.

The black letters were also pop dotted to stand out.

Hope you like my fun banner, and it gives you some inspiration for creating one, for any occasion.

Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment

Marci said...

Fun banner and great tips! Thank you!

Back to Top