TIM HOLTZ CHA 2017 PROJECTS

Hello everyone!  For all of us crafters out there, the annual CHA (Craft & Hobby Association but now has a new name;"Creativation"), is the highlight of the crafting year.  This is where all the scrapbook and craft companies show off their new wares for the retail industry.  Stores from around the globe attend, ordering for their stores and gathering inspiration from all the wonderful displays and creations.  I have had the privilege and honour to create some samples for the Tim Holtz Booths! I'm sharing a few here today!



When I saw this Sizzix Paper-Cut Bird (661800) die, I knew I wanted needed to use this one! Using one of the new Vignette Trays, I created this shadowbox.  The bird die-cut is framed with one of the new Framed Mini Panels.  The Box is covered with his new paper collection, Memoranda, and I added painted Mini Foundations(93581) to each corner, using them like metal corners.  Love the new Botanical Layers(93554) and Paper Dolls(93555) paper pieces!  The people are so much fun to use and there are A LOT in each package.  The chipboard saying is from the Quote Chips package and the Everyday word is from my favourite of the new release, the Typography Findings. These yummy new plastic letters can be altered with inks or paint and are about 3/4" tall.  I just lightly inked these ones with Antique Linen.



Here's a closeup of my bird die-cut.  It was cut out with Ranger's Mixed Media paper, a coat of Tim Holtz Crazing medium and then dry brush painted.



These flowers were created with the Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals thinlits dies (661806).  I know these dies will be used on everything!  I first sprayed, inked my mixed media paper with my chosen colours and then cut out.  I was really inspired by that yellow paper and decided to go for a more colourful look instead of browns.  I like the combination of the faded black/grey in the paper dolls and my matching neutral bird cut out with the yellows and oranges.  Hope you do to!



I don't know about you but I am obsessed with little unusual boxes.  And cool little feet and wheels for those boxes.  For those of you who share my obsession, these Mini Pulley Wheels are right up your alley!  I created this structure with two of the vignette boxes and a panel (the lid), covered with Memoranda paper.  The lid on the main box was attached with Idea-ology Hinges, so you can hide any treasures you might have inside.  The smaller vignette box was turned upside down and glued to the lid.  Those wonderful little flowers are Idea-ology Bouquet Findings which are white and can be coloured.  I just sprayed them with Distress Stain Sprays.  The bit of greenery under the flowers was die-cut with Sizzix's Tim Holtz Garden Greens Thinlits set and coloured Mixed Media Paper.


These little wood Idea-ology Vignette Finials are so fun to work with, especially with the Vignette boxes.  They take colour really well, I've painted this one with Distress Paint to match my hardware.
I was happy when I discovered that the Idea-olgy Decorative Dome fit perfectly on top.  That bit of green inside is a small piece of Idea-ology Pine Twine Trimmings rolled up and my butterflies are from the Botanical Layers pkg.





There's those Typography Letters again!  This time I have painted them to match my Pulley Wheels and ring, which is one of the Mini Hardware Findings(there's two knobs and a ring in the pkg.)  My lid wasn't sitting straight after covering it in paper, so I nailed this Distress Stain tinted Idea-ology Ruler piece to the front edge of the lid, and it gave me room to attach the ring.

That's the first two of my CHA pieces, there's a few more that I will be sharing.    Tim Holtz has a list of the other designers who contributed projects for his booth on his blog here.  Make sure you check them out, their projects are amazing!  A BIG thank you to Tim for asking me to be part of his journey and to Paula for all your help!  


Until next time,
Jan








10 comments

Kaz Hall said...

I just adore your work, truly beautiful xx

Richele Christensen said...

Beautiful projects as always Jan! Thank you so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous pieces Jan!

Marci said...

Both of these are so beautiful!

Redanne said...

Oh wow Jan, your first creation is so beautiful, I am in love with the bird die after seeing what you and Autumn Clark have done with it. But your box creation... it is stunning!! When I first saw it in one of Tim's videos, I wondered who had made it. The pulley feet look amazing, as does the finial and dome. I think this might be one of my favourites from the show!

sarascloset said...

Both projects are stunning! I love how you've used the bird die cut and those flowers look amazing! the Tattered Florals Thinlits die set is now on my wish list! Love the little dome and those pulley wheels! Great creations! I bet they got lots of oohs and aaahs at the show!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Really fantastic work! I just love that new paper cut bird die. It's so fresh and exciting. You have showcased it so beautifully here. The Decorative Dome atop the Vignette Finial is brilliant too. Thank you for the inspiration!

Sherri said...

Beautiful projects. You are so talented and creative. I love what you did with the new products. My wish list is growing.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

You do such gorgeous work, and I love that I got to see them in person! Beautiful!

Deb said...

Absolutely exquisite Jan, I was lucky enough to see them in person and they are so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing your talent with us all! Deb xo

Back to Top