TIM HOLTZ CHA 2017 PROJECTS PART TWO

Hello there, everyone!  Here's part two of my Tim Holtz Creativation 2017 projects.  Thank you for all your comments and visits here in the previous posts!  They are all very much appreciated.

For those of you who are familiar with the Tim Holtz Worn Book Covers from previous years, he has now released two new ones.  Unlike the older ones, these covers already have the 2 ring binder inside.  All ready for you to fill with your custom pages!  I've used the Tattered (TH93589) cover for my project here:



These covers are covered with fabric, so they take stain or other mediums beautifully.  I really liked the grey tone, but wanted a touch of blue so I lightly brushed Distress Stain onto areas of my book. The paper on the front is from the new release, Memoranda (TH93550) and around the edge is one of the many new tapes, from the French Design Tape(TH93355) pkg.  The oval frame is the Baroque Frame(TH93267) with a card from the Botanical Layers Paperie Pkg. (TH93554) inside.  The little word strip is from Idea-ology Clippings Stickers pkg.(TH93583).  I really love this pkg, so many wonderful little phrases and words. The paper die-cut flowers are also from the Botanicals pkg.   Those little flowers are the Bouquet Findings (TH93569).  These little white flowers can be easily altered with stain or ink, giving you your perfect custom coloured flower.


My favourite part of this book cover is the knob and wings.  I love colouring all the metal findings with paint, it completely changes the look of each piece.  This knob is from the new Mini Hardware Findings pkg. (TH93571) and the wings from the Regal Adornments Pkg. (TH92903).  I think I used a combination of Picket Fence, Evergreen Bough, Tumbled Glass, and Mustard Seed.  The metal Word Band (TH93000) was attached with design tape (French TH93355) that was doubled and threaded through the loops on each side.  I applied paint on top and then wiped away the excess so it just stayed inside the words to highlight them.

Here's a few of my pages inside:


The word fly is made with the new Alpha Transparent Tiles (TH93566).  I used two Mixed Media Tags, die-cut the three rectangles out with the Tim Holtz Sizzix Stitched Rectangle Thinlits die 661189 (the smallest one) which were slightly smaller than the tiles.  Before die-cutting the rectangles, I embossed the top tag with Tim's new Floral Texture Fade Embossing Folder (661821) and painted with Distress Paint (Black Soot, Hickory Smoke, Picket Fence). Adhere the tiles to the inside of the back tag and adhere the top one.




There's that gorgeous Paper Cut Bird Thinlits die again! (661800)



Paper Dolls (TH93555) on a stencilled and painted tag. Idea-ology Quotations Metallic Stickers (TH93559), Snippets Ephemera (TH93564) and an Index Clip Fastener (TH93574) also were added.


Patterned paper with added Chatter Design Tape (TH93360).



Well, that's my mini album project, there's a few more to come, stay tuned!




8 comments

Astrid Maclean said...

I am in love with that cover!!! Gorgeous layering and colours! The inside pages are very inspiring too!

sarascloset said...

A fabulous little book with brilliant details! Love the inspiration for Tim's new products!

Scrapthat said...

Oh it's so lovely Jan! TFS :D

Paper Profusion said...

Absolutely stunning Jan. The new (and older) products all look amazing. Love your style. Nicola x

Sherri said...

Amazing project. I saw a glimpse of it in a Yiu Tube video. You are so creative & talented.

Marci said...

Beautiful! I love the wings and those new flowers, well all of it really.

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Glorious album...you had me at those wings...so unexpected! I love the inners too...just beautiful!

Back to Top