ETCETERA MIXED MEDIA TAG

Hello there and thanks for stopping by!  I have an Etcetera tag that I am sharing today.


This is a tag that I had started for Creativation, but it never made it there.  I decided to finish it finally.  I have way too many unfinished projects hanging around, I need to start using the pieces or finishing them off!  Are any of you like that?  This is the Medium Thickboard Tag THETC-002(6 1/2 x 12 in) which is a great size to work on.  I've also used the new Tim Holtz Sizzix Rosette 6pc Thinlits set here.


I started out by applying white gesso to my tag.  After that had dried, I adhered Floral Collage Paper (TH93707) with Collage Medium.  You can see the pattern peeking through my layers.  I didn't want to lose the pattern completely when applying my texture paste and paint over top, so I added a really small amount of Tim's Micro Glaze (TDA46967) with a Blending Foam over the entire surface.  This acts as a waterproof sealer.  Next I applied Texture Paste with the Trellis (THS074) layering stencil randomly all over my tag.  Once this had dried I began applying different layers of colour (watercolours, paint, acrylics watered down with a spray bottle).  If you want more Collage paper to show through, just remove some of your colour with a wipe.  Once your main colours are dry, dry brush some lighter colour on to highlight the grooves, edges and raised areas.


I die-cut my rosettes (there's three different ones in the set) with paper from Memoranda Paperie (TH93550), inking the edges and also adding in some random colour with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  There's layers of Ephemera, Quote Chips, Clippings Stickers, Industrious Border Stickers, Alpha Parts Framed (TH93117), Star Adornments Findings,  and even embossed Mixed Media (Sizzix 660220) chipboard parts.  My dyed Crinkle Ribbon has a Locket Key and Story Stick hanging from it.  Everything has been slightly inked or painted with Distress Paint and Distress Oxide ink.


Here's another look at my tag.  

Thank you for taking the time to visit me here!  

Until next time,

Jan



4 comments

Ldybg93 said...

Gorgeous Jan!

Mimi said...

So. Much. Texture. Love it! Love the floral paper showing through like old wallpaper 😊

Marci said...

So rich looking!

Kathy said...

Love the depth & texture in your tag! I lobe it!

Back to Top