LOVE THIS LIFE TAG

Hi everyone!  I've been in a bit of a creative slump lately, I think this horrible weather that has plagued us since January is getting the best of me.  That and catching a terrible head cold twice, have got those creative juices flowing to a slow trickle.  I decided to participate in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "A Trio of Something" hoping it would give me that push.  This is what I've created.


I've used a Tim Holtz Etcetera Mini Chipboard Tag (ETC004) for my project which measures about 4 1/2 x 8".


I started out by painting the tag with black gesso.  Once that dried, I used black texture paste and Tim Holtz Stencil Code (THS102) down the center of my tag. Next, I painted with a dry brush method, "Three" Distress Paint colours; Broken China, Mowed Lawn, and Evergreen Bough. To antique my colours, I used an acrylic glaze tinted with Ground Espresso paint.  This was painted over the entire surface, then lightly wiped off with a baby wipe after a few minutes.  The glaze mostly stays in the recessed areas.


I've gone back with my light green paint and lightly touched the raised areas.  I've added "Three" charms; a Story Stick(TH93680), Milagros Adornments(TH93676) and a Charmed Findings(TH93266) with a round Gumdrop inside.  I've also dyed seam binding with Dylusions Fresh Lime Spray, Distress Spray Stain in Evergreen Bough, and Dylusions Vibrant Turquoise Mica Spray and diluted with water.



Now to decorate my tag!  I used a piece of Tim Holtz Wallflower printed Vellum over top of the smallest size of Vignette Panels (TH93295).  This was lightly painted with a wash combination of Dylusions Fresh Lime Spray and Picket Fence Distress paint.  The small Vignette Frame (TH93694) was also  painted with Picket Fence Distress paint tinted with the Fresh Lime.  I also used an acrylic glaze tinted with Ground Espresso paint, leaving it in the recessed areas of the frame.



My other embellishment were tinted flowers (Tim Holt Bouquet Findings TH93569) and leaves die-cut from tinted Ranger Ink Watercolour paper.  I used Sizzix's Funky Floral 3 (662702) and Flower Jar (662270) Thinlits foliage dies.  These florals and foliage were inserted behind a Tim Holtz Mini Hardware Pull (TH93685- the half circle one).  A Tim Holtz Quote Chip was distressed and lightly inked (TH93563).



One of my favourite Idea-ology embellishments are these Faucet Knobs (TH93677).  I've used "Three" of them (painted) screwed onto a Tim Holtz wood ruler (TH93565) that was cut down to size and tinted with Picket Fence distress paint.


Once I had all my pieces finished I adhered them to my tag.  Here's another look at my finished project.  This is the first time I've joined in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, it could be a new weekly challenge for me! You can see the other entries here for inspiration!

Thanks for visiting me here,

Jan


SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments

Lucy said...

I just could not visualize how I would use that stencil until now. Your tag is just wonderfully beautiful. It has a elegantly distressed. Very pretty.

Marci said...

This tag is beautiful! I love it.

sarascloset said...

Jan, I know I'm late, but I'm just trying to catch up on some neglected e-mail messages. This is lovely! The texture on the background is stunning, as are the rich colors. The birds in the transformed frame are a brilliant spring focal point. Thank you for your inspiration! Hugs!

Sue said...

This is a gorgeous tag that you have created - the colors are simply stunning! Can you explain what the dry method of painting that you used in this project is. Thank you.

Back to Top