PEACE ON EARTH CARD

Hello there, I still have a few cards to share that were created for the Tim Holtz Holiday Sizzix video.     Today I'm sharing one made with the Wise Men Thinlits die.  It is so beautiful, I decided to keep it simple.

You can tell I was getting closer to my deadline, no time for photos featuring the steps! Lol! 
I used Tim Holtz Watercolour cardstock to die-cut my thinlits, using the flat side on top.  The wise men and the star were then adhered with Collage Medium to another piece of Watercolour cardstock, this time using the textured side.  The Wise Men Thinlits piece doesn't have any cut sides or bottom, so you can choose how wide or deep you want the bottom.  Love this idea!   How many times, have you wished for just a bit wider die to cover your card dimensions.
 

I've used my favourite dry brushing technique to create this painted look (Distress Paint).  I go into more detail on how to achieve this, in this post from last year's Inspiration series or this one with the 3-D embossing folders.  I love how the different colours of paint work with the texture of the watercolour paper.  I kept my colours in the same gold or yellow tones to keep it simple.


I've used this Metallic Tim Holtz ribbon(TH93338), and Tiny Bells (TH93744) across the bottom.  Funky Festive leaves and foliage under the bells and to finish it off, 'Peace on Earth' die-cut from Thin Alphanumeric Thinlits in Gold Metallic Kraft Cardstock. This card front was matted on dark brown, then Gold Metallic Kraft Cardstock.  I also add a strip of Tim Holtz Design Tape to the very bottom.

Hope I have given you a bit of Christmas card inspiration!  There's still more to come so I hope you visit me again.  Thanks so much for your comments here and on Instagram, I appreciate them all and am grateful for all the crafty love!
Have a great weekend!

Jan

7 comments

ann barnes said...

Jan, this card is absolutely magnificent. I love the simplicity and the sheer beauty of the monochrome and I agree, having a non restrictive die base gives so much freedom. Your creativity and craftsmanship is inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful card. xx

Cassie Lynch said...

Absolutely stunning. Your cards and projects are always stunning. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Redanne said...

So, so inspirational Jan, you really have created what looks like a real desert background, I love how you used the dry brushing technique to achieve it. Just beautiful! x

Judy B said...

Your card is amazing Jan! When I have more time I plan on using the link for the original share. Thanks for the inspiration.

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Just finished using this die tonight, and fell in love with it. Your card here is just gorgeous!!! LOVE the technique you used!

Linda Carson said...

Absolutely stunning! Saw it on Facebook. It has to be the most beautiful Christmas card I’ve seen this year with the WOW factor!

Myrle Chisholm said...

So amazing! Love this card. Sparked some ideas for next Christmas! I have not done the technique, but really want to try it. Do you mind telling me the paint colors you used? Thanks you so very much. Hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas.

Back to Top