It's going to be a busy weekend...

for everyone at The Urban Scrapbook!  Not only is it National Scrapbook Day on Saturday, but also it's
Urban's 5th anniversary!  It's hard to believe that it's already been five years since Pat and Lori opened Urban.  When Pat and Lori asked me to come work for them, I had not scrapbooked before and didn't have a clue what a crop was!  Well, I've come a long way and it didn't take me long to become addicted!  This weekend they are having a three day crop (I think it is sold out) and lots of specials in the store, so make sure you drop in and help them celebrate!  They are also making this a breast cancer awareness weekend, so they have a silent auction going on, door prizes, lots of fun things to take part in to raise money for breast  cancer.  They have some amazing items that are up for auction, so you don't want to miss this!



Is this not a cool idea?  For a donation of $1.00 per person, you and your friends can take as many photos as you want!  Just stand behind the frame and pose away!


                             

To celebrate National Scrapbook Day, I am giving away this package of the new Basic Grey
basics line in the beige tones!  These papers are gorgeous! Just leave a comment and I will be drawing the winning name on Sunday!

                                        

And to finish off this post,  here's a layout I did for The Color Room.  If you haven't checked this website out yet, they post a new palette of colors and a sketch every two weeks.  It's a great way to use up your stash of older papers!

                    



I made the fabric flowers myself, after watch Elizabeth Kartchner's video on the American Crafts' blog.
They are so easy to make!  This layout is of myself and my cousin Jen and her family.  When we were in Australia last year, we spent a week with them.  We had a great time, she had every day filled with lots to see and do!  Can't wait to go back!

That's all for today, don't forget to leave a comment for the Basic Grey paper pack!!




4 comments

Melissa said...

Love, love, love the life-sized frames! What a clever idea. Love the flowers on the layout too... and love that you're giving away a pack of BG Basics! :)

Anonymous said...

I'll see you there :)

Sandra D said...

Happy National Scrapbook Day!Love the layout, especially the flowers. You truly are the master of the hand-made flowers. The photo of you & Pat behind the frame is beautiful. The two of you are lucky to have such a loving relationship.

Roslyn said...

Hi Jan,
Don't know if I'll get to see you this weekend (I'm in tonight) so wanted to say happy NSD! Glad to see you doing some pages - gorgeous as always!

Back to Top