Some Little Black Dress....

projects for their November kit.  Love all the new Glitz paper and embellishments in this kit!



































Love all these "Glitz" vintage looking cards.  The papers used here are My Mind's Eye and The Girl's Paperie. I used my Slice Mistletoe cartridge for the gingerbread man and the snowflake.  I circled the numbers; 3,7 and 9 on the bingo card 'cause that's how old my kids were!





















The background paper here was Basic Grey, but I inked, masked and stamped it.  I also cut out a square the same size as my Tim Holtz "Postcard" embossing folder from that same sheet (in that same spot you see it here on the layout) and put it through my Cuttlebug.  I cut out two sheets of Glitz paper, each one a little bigger than the other and layered them underneath the embossed paper, sewed around the edge of the plain paper and distressed the edges.  I then adhered that paper back over the area where the hole was, after I placed the photo and diecuts.  I cut out the flowers with my Slice. This was the last time my daughter came home for Christmas, I wish she could come home every year!  This year she's spending it in Italy! (Lucky girl!)  In this next layout, she's 2 years old here, where did the time go?






















Lots of inking, masking, misting, stamping and distressing here too!  I used everything on this Glitz polka dot paper.  I like to lightly stamp in the corners or different areas of the paper so you can barely see the stamp.  Just like some papers that you buy already like that.  In the kit, there are some vintage book pages and I tried to emboss one.  But it kind of fell apart so I inked and glued all the pieces behind the polka dot paper. There's some Teresa Collins paper too in this layout, more Glitz diecuts, Jenni Bowlin chipboard button, and a Maya Road flower.  I used my Slice again for the star, snowflakes and words.




















More Glitz paper and diecuts here and the background paper is Pink Paislee's Anthology line(inked and misted). The deer are cut out using the new Tim Holtz deer alterations die, then embossed with Ranger's glitter embossing powder.






















I had this unfinished wooden box, so I covered it in the My Mind's Eye,"Lost and Found" paper.  I then used a flower from the kit, diecut, glitter tulle and  flowers made with my Slice and decorated the top.  It's always nice to give a gift certificate or giftcard in a special container, then it feels more like a gift!
Well, that's my projects for this month's kit.  I still have some bits left, I might just try to do a few cards to  use it all up.
Have a great weekend!

2 comments

Michelle said...

These are beautiful!!! Time sure does fly doesn't it!! My oldest will be 23 in the spring!! But then, my youngest will be 4 the middle of December! He grew up faster than the other two did!! Just goes to show, you have to enjoy them as much as you can!!! I hope your daughter has a great time in Italy!! You're right!! Very lucky girl!!!

Sandra D said...

Beautiful work Jan as always. Your blog posts are always so full of detail - thanks for sharing all your techniques. I hope you & your family have a very Merry Christmas even though you will be apart.

Back to Top