Just a quick post...

and my last one for February!  It's hard to believe that it's March 1st on Tuesday and still cold and snowing!!  It's been snowing for two days and the temperature has dropped again.  I'm so glad that I have this hobby to keep me busy.  I've been scrapbooking with summer, garden and flower photos to get my mind off this awful weather.  Here's another layout I've done with The Little Black Dress February kit.
The photos are of my mother-in-law's garden.  She can make anything grow!
I was going to make some rosette flowers, but instead used the folded paper around my circle.  I stitched around the circle first before I adhered the accordion folded paper behind it.
I also made a birthday card with leftover paper. I used a Martha Stewart punch on the purple paper and my Slice for the happy birthday, scalloped ovals and flower.

Here's my layout for the March Urban Scrapbook  kit.  Our technique this month is all about punches.  The layouts will be up at the store on Tuesday, so come and check them out!  The paper and embellishments in the kit are from Little Yellow Bicycle.


I punched out the edge of my paper before I made my rosette flower with the Martha Stewart Crown punch.  The blue border was punched out with a border punch on both sides.  It ended up being about an inch wide.  There were two rows of small holes so I placed the thin ribbon in the middle and laced the twine across.  This photo is from when we lived on Vancouver Island.  There were lots of trails around so on hot days, I would call my friend and tell her to pack a lunch and we would head off with our kids to hike in the cool shade of the huge trees.  The kids had such a great time, as you can see by this photo, and have great memories!






















That's all for now, have a great week!  And for all of you here in Edmonton, keep warm!

No comments

Back to Top