This month...

seems to be flying by for me! (that's my excuse for not posting in awhile!)  I have managed to get a few projects done from the February kit for The Little Black Dress Kit Club.  It's called Patterns of Class and here's a photo of everything in the kit.

















The butterfly paper from GCD was one of my favorites, and this is what I did with some of it:












































I thought of making a paper flower bouquet, but after looking at all the butterflies, I decided to do this.  For the box I used an empty japanese tea box, which I had saved because it was a nice heavy cardboard.  It already had a nice yellow rim on top so this paper from Crate was perfect for covering it.  I used the turquoise ribbon and felt flower from my kit to decorate it.  I then cut a block of florist foam for the inside.  I attached wire to my cut out butterflies with a hot glue gun and stuck them in the foam.  I cut up some white tissue with my Martha Stewart fringe scissors and crumpled it for the filling on top.  Right now it's sitting on my desk, so when I look at it, I forget about this cold and all the snow we have here.





















How can you tell, I'm anxious for spring and summer!  A photo of an Allium from my mother-in-law's garden.  I cut out some of the tags and the title using my Slice and the lock and key is cut from a Tim Holtz die. With the lock and key, I cut out several using book pages and layered them with the patterned paper on top.  I then wet the edges, curling them up and then inked.  This close-up photo isn't that great but you can see what I mean.  My hand stitching was done using my We R Memory Keepers stitching tool.  This tool is so easy to use!  I know there are a lot of scrapbookers waiting for it to come in at the store, but unfortunately it won't be until the end of March.  They are releasing some new pattern attachments, which I am looking forward to using.

I found these old photo booth photos in a box the other day,  so I had to scrapbook them.  I don't even remember when the kids posed for these!  I wish we had done this more, they are so funny to look at, now that the kids are grown up.  It's funny to see what faces they made, when given a limited time to pose.  I wasn't sure how I was going to use the pompoms on a string (Glitz) that were in the kit.  One fell of the end, so I used it as the center of my pinwheel flower(cut from my Slice), and I tied the string around the photo and paper.  The cards were cut out from a piece of Crate paper, the little brown birds are Studio Calico rub-ons.

That's all I've managed to get done, I'm in the middle of another layout, so hopefully I can finish that tonight.  I really want to get these projects done, I have some wonderful new Prima product that came home with me today and I can hardly wait to use it.  Urban also got in some really cool vintage pocket watch pieces and watch parts in today.  I feel another configuration box idea coming!!  At least this cold weather is great scrapbooking weather!
Take care and have a great weekend!

No comments

Back to Top