Doilies and Butterflies!


I'm hooked on doilies and butterflies lately, so why not combine the two!  I love these new dies that Urban Scrapbook got in, especially the doilies.  This color combination is The Color Room's #69 color palette.

The background paper is Pink Paislee's new mistables paper.
Love this paper!  It's a little bit heavier, like a cardstock so it can take the mists and inks without warping.  There are different patterns, but all are a white, or cream base.  My big butterfly is cut from a die from Urban's Accucut collection at the store.  I covered it with paper, stamps, paint, ink and tissue tape.  I then cut out a doily from a Sookwang adhesive sheet, cut it to fit the butterfly shape, peeled of the backing on one side, and stuck it on the edge.  After peeling off the top backing, I cut the center part from the backing and put it back on top of the sticky part, like a mask.  I covered with fine bronze glitter, tapped off the excess, and then peeled off the middle part, covering with silver glass glitter.  The other half of the doily piece was used on the left hand side.  The other papers used were from Tim Holtz's crowded attic paper pad and Bo Bunny's Gabrielle line.  The book paper butterflies were cut out using Urban's Cheery Lynn dies too.  My flower was made from Webster's tulle and white tissue. Let's see what else... the mini letters were from Girl's Paperie and the little butterflies were from Pink Paislee, Ruby Rocket and Bo Bunny.  The Black letters were from Tim Holtz.  I think that's it!

 Urban Scrapbook just got in all the new BoBunny and Simple Stories lines and they were too beautiful to resist!  In BoBunny, the Et Cetera line is my favorite, but the colors in Forever Fall and Garden Girl are gorgeous!  The Simple Stories baby line is stunning too.  I don't know how it happened, but quite a bit seemed to come home with me!  I know what I'll be doing this weekend!  Have a great one!

1 comment

KellyCreates said...

This page is AMAZING...and BEAUTIFUL, Jan! I'm in love with all your techniques...incredible!

Back to Top