And it's October....


already!  Where did September go?  We've had a beautiful fall so far, with temperatures reaching in the high 20's, a few days of 30 C and lots of sunshine.  Not our usual September, that's for sure.  I love this time of year, the colors of the leaves, the crisp morning air and I even managed to go for a walk along the river in one of our favorite parks to take it all in before those leaves are gone!






















I especially love decorating for Halloween, I think it's the colors that I enjoy.  The Urban Scrapbook design team have been busy creating for our monthly challenge this month.  We decided instead of layouts, to do a Halloween decoration.  Here's mine:















I bought one of those paper mache witch's hats from a craft store and cut it in half.  This way you can hang it up on the wall or put it in a wreath.















I cut out a piece of chipboard to fill in the back so it will be flat and then covered it with the kit's paper (Authentique's Glowing).  I painted the underside of the brim, and then embellished with all the goodies in the kit.  I printed the moon dust tag  with the plain foundation paper and got the tag graphics from Love Manor's flickr site.  Love these!
















I gathered paper to make the trim, made a medallion with paper, crepe paper and stickles. I painted the Tim Holtz chipboard shapes then crackled with Rock Candy crackle paint, and painted over with Distress Stain.  Tucked some tulle behind, added a few sticker stars and moons and I think that's it.
I decided I still had the other half and some product left so I made another one.























The flowers were made with crepe paper and paper.  I used one of the new EK Success punches that you make flowers with.   These are really nice!  You can't tell very good by this photo but the bird was painted, dipped in clear Utee and then, very quickly while still sticky, I poured on colored Frantage Mica Fragments.  These fragments are going to be showing up on a few projects, they are so cool!  There's a few different colors, beautiful golds, pewters, bronzes, you will have to check them out, Urban Scrapbook just got them in.


We keep getting in the most amazing products in at the store (I'm am still so broke this month) and this week the dies from Memory Box were extremely hard to resist!  Here's a card I made using the twiggy tree and leaf canopy dies.





















This fall and halloween paper is also from Memory Box.  There are three different leaf canopy dies and these cut out the opposite way, not sure if I'm explaining this properly.  You use the negative cut?  So your paper underneath shows through and then I pop dotted the tree trunk on top.  Very simple and easy card to make!  There are some gorgeous snowflake, Christmas, and winter dies too.
Well, that's all for today, I have a Halloween tag to show you but I will leave that for tomorrow.  I'm going on the Scott Kelby Worldwide Photowalk with Roxanne today, so I better get ready!
Have a great day!

No comments

Back to Top