An Easter Card

Before you know it, Easter will soon be here and hopefully some spring weather!  Here's an Easter card     I created using some Sizzix dies.

The papers that were used for my card are from Carta Bella Paper's "True Friends" collection.  I started with this nice Sizzix Doily thinlit die and cut it out with white cardstock.   The little flowers are hand cut from patterned paper and the vellum ones cut from Sizzix's thinlit die, Butterflies and Flower Vine set.  The Tim Holtz Bell Jar Bigz die is cut out with vellum first (the edges lightly inked) and then I cut it out again with a clear transparency sheet, which I lightly alcohol inked the edges (gives it dimension and hides glue).  I'm on a vellum kick again, ever since I made a butterfly in my CSI layout from yesterday's post!  The little vellum flowers were embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang embossing powder (Spring Leaf Chartreuse).  After I put the petals together with a brad(these ones are really old, I can't remember who made them, but I like them!), I just took my Ranger Embossing Dauber and dabbed on the petals lightly, sprinkled on the powder, shook off the excess and heated.  I glued a few flowers on top of the vellum bell jar and then glued the transparency on top.  I used very thin SookWang tape (about 1/8" wide) around the edges, it holds really well and you can barely see it.  The photo doesn't really show the glass effect well, I was trying to take a picture without glare, it doesn't work well!


Now for my Sizzix Tim Holtz Easter Elements bunny and the pedestal!  I used this technique on my Urban Scrapbook's March layout (which I will post another day) and loved the results.  I cut both of these parts with chipboard, dabbed on Rangers embossing ink.  I've been using the embossing dauber quite a bit these days, I like it thicker when I'm using a lot of powder.  The embossing powder I used for these two parts is from Stampendous and is called Shabby White Embossing Enamel. Love this powder, it has little bits of gold in it.  I pour it on top, shake off the excess, and then sprinkle on a little bit to make it thicker.  Heating from the bottom (otherwise, it will go flying everywhere... I can't be the only one who's done this!) melt it and then press your rubber stamp (this is Stamper's Anonymous Classic #7 for the bunny and Christy Tomlinson's Painted Punchinella for the Pedestal) while still hot.  I've used this technique before, o.k. I admit, I'm hooked, but with this chunky powder it takes on a different look.  After it has cooled, I take some paint and dry brush the edges and in a few places.  I say dry brush, which is just wiping  the paint off your brush and leaving a little on, but really I just stick my finger in the paint and lightly swipe where I want it.  Much faster and my hands are already a mess, what's a little more color!  Add a little bow to the bunny and adhere everything to your card base and you are done!
Hope you have a great weekend, and don't forget to check out the CSI challenge site!  Sizzix is sponsoring this month and there are some beautiful layouts on display. Also, if you join in, some great prizes!

Until next time,

Jan

5 comments

Anna-Karin said...

Such a sweet project Jan! Love the texture on your bunny and pedestal. I have that embossing powder at home, but haven't used it yet. I better do that soon!

Suzanne Bouchard said...

I really like the treatment of the rabbit he looks like he was made of candy!

Kathy said...

Love the texture! And perfect papers and colors for this fun Easter card!

Paula Cheney said...

this is darling Jan - I have got to get that bell jar die, super cute.
paula

Unknown said...

I like this card! classy and elegant, that's because of the texture used. I would love to have something like that, with heartfelt easter messages and wishes on the inside.

Back to Top