Oxide Inks on Black

Hi there!  I could hardly wait to try out my new Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks on black cardstock. They certainly didn't disappoint, love how they look! Of course you can't let those scraps go to waste, can you?


Just warning you, if you visit me often, you might be seeing a lot of the new Tim Holtz Small Tattered Florals Thinlits die set in use.  I seem to be using this set on everything, those little flowers are perfect.


I used a new Tim Holtz "Ornate" (THS076) stencil in the corner. The Oxide colours I used for this tag are Vintage Photo, Broken China, and Iced Spruce. The splatters were created by applying ink to my craft mat, spritzing with water and then flicking it onto my paper.  Don't you hate to cover up background you have created?  Sometimes, I really try and put the least amount over top, just so I can still see my favourite parts of the paper.


 I applied Oxide inks to my black cardstock, then alternating drying and spritzing with my Ranger Distress Sprayer to get those variations of distressed colour.  I then used this cardstock to die-cut my flowers and branches.


How how yummy those inks are on the black!


I finished off my tag; made with Sizzix Tag &Bookplate die (656938) by adding ribbon, and Idea-ology Metallic Quotation Stickers (TH93559).  Can't wait to try a different combination of colours!

Some of you have heard, mostly my wonderful Urban Scrapbook followers and customers, that I have retired from working at the store.  It was a tough decision, it's a place that is full of creativity, laughter, the customers are all fantastic, and a joy to work at.  I would have been there 12 years this spring!  Boy, time flies!  Working retail is a demanding job, I've been doing it for a verrrrrrry long time.  It's the standing for 8 hours, sometimes as long as 12 that is really hard, and lucky me, I've inherited my mother's bad veins.   So, this means I'm going to have more time to create, hopefully.  I am still on Sizzix's Design Team, so I will be posting here and on their blog (I had a post yesterday).  I was looking after Urban's blog and mine, which can be a little hard to juggle, so now I can post more here.  Can you believe this, I've already posted two days in a row!  I'm sure I'll be frequenting the store often, I need my fix of supplies and of course to see the Urban girls too! 
  I want to thank all of the Urban customers for their kind words, cards, gifts and well wishes too, it meant a lot to me!  I hope you visit me here!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan









8 comments

Kelly Made It said...

Hello Janna Banana...it's your weekly greetings from an ol' Urban Girlfriend....oh yah, it's only been a week, LOL. I see you're having fun this week. Fab tag Jan! I've tried my Oxides a bit but need more time to dig in. I peaked at your home decor frame too. A-mazing. Look how many projects you're managing with probably time to burn.

I picture you and your mom, enjoying the vino on her aqua furniture planning your next shopping excursion and lot's of sleep in's too. Have fun !

Deb said...

Gorgeous Jan, love the look of the Oxides on the black and the Small Tattered Florals are beautiful, can't wait till my oxides and dies arrive! Thanks for sharing this lovely inspiration and congratulations on your retirement, looking forward to seeing more of your lovely art now that you have more free time! Deb xo

Brenda Brown said...

Oh you've totally inspired me - have been wanting to try them on black . Love this xxx

Sherri said...

Beautiful, Jan. I can't wait to try my new oxides on black cardstock. I saw your Decor FrameZ. Simply stunning. You are so talented. I'm sorry I missed your last day at the store. Congrats on your retirement. I'm looking forward to all of your inspirational posts now that you have more time. I will miss seeing you.

Marci said...

This tag is stunning! On my phone screen the color is kind of like a French blue? Anyway, it is just gorgeous. I love the flowers you made, they look variegated. Congratulations on your retirement and having more free time.

Marci said...

P.S. I didn't know if I needed that new, itty bitty flower die. Looking at this makes me think I need it!

Unknown said...

This is a gorgeous tag! I've got to play with the oxides on black. TFS Jan!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

I was just thinking, 3 seconds before I saw your tag, "I'll never use Distress Inks on black." I stand corrected! Thank you for the stunning inspiration.

Back to Top