CHRISTMAS CARDS

Hi everyone! Well, December has arrived and so did 12 inches of snow this weekend.  It looks like a winter wonderland here, so it definitely puts me in the mood for Christmas!  My house is all decorated and I even have a few cards to share!


I was able to purchase the Tim Holtz Stamptember set from Simon Says Stamp before it sold out.  Love these images in this set.
I used the bird, sentiment and music notes stamps for this card.  My sentiment was stamped on the smooth side of Distress Watercolor cardstock and die-cut with Tim's Tattered Banners.  My stamped bird with the music notes was coloured with Distress Markers and a water brush.  I also used Distress Oxides on the background.  The frame was created with Stacked Baroque Tim Holtz die, and the foliage from the Funky Festive set.  My pinecone paper is Tim Holtz Christmas Worn Wallpaper TH93777.



The stamped images(coloured with Distress Markers/watercolour brush) on this card is from Tim's Stampers Anonymous set, Yuletide CMS356. The card base is stamped in Oxide ink with the music note stamp from the Stamptember set. I also used Oxide ink on my stamped background.  My foliage is Tim Holtz Sizzix 662425, the little trim on either side of the sentiment is from an older set, Holiday Knit 660981. The plaid paper is Tim Holtz Christmas Paperie TH93739, the distressed Silver cardstock is Mushroom from TH93784.

I also am sharing the rest of my cards created for Tim's Holiday Sizzix Release Video.


These two cards feature the 3-D Kaleidoscope  Texture Fade folder.  They both were embossed on gold metallic kraft cardstock, but I used Distress paint to alter them. This one was used like a frame, with Tim's Stacked Label die cut out in the middle. A piece of Christmas Ephemera was adhered behind.  My foliage was Distress Oxide coloured Mixed Media cardstock and gold metallic kraft cardstock all cut out with  Funky Festive Thinlits set.  Paper was also from Tim Holtz Christmas Paperie.  My sentiment was from TH Christmas Quote Chips.


Lighter shades of Distress paint was used on my embossed gold metallic kraft cardstock here.  The snowflake is Flurry #4,  and Joy is Shadow Script Christmas.  The star in the middle of the snowflake is one of Tim's Mirrored stars.


I had created the background before I decided to use it for this card from Distress Oxide inks and Mixed media cardstock.  It's fun just to create different looks from these inks, and save them for future use. I had intended to go with just the brown tones, but somehow that Blue Jeans Distress crayon snuck in there once I had adhered my die-cut Flurry #2, #3 and #4 snowflake dies to the background cardstock.  I also added in some Crackle Texture Paste around the snowflakes before colouring.  Once I had this background finished I added in chipboard die-cut snowflake Ice Flake which I also die-cut it in Gold Metallic Kraft cardstock to adhere on top of the chipboard.  I added some clear Rock Candy Crackle paste and Oxide Distress ink to this too.  A White Christmas rub-on was adhered to a piece of gold metallic cardstock.


And my last card created for this holiday release, was a fun card using the Crazy Bird die and stamp set.  I added the beard, moustache and hat from the Cool Yule Thinlits set.  My foliage is the Funky Festive set cut out from white cardstock.  A Quote Chip, Woodgrain cardstock and Christmas Deco Sheets finish off my card.

Hope my cards have inspired you in your card making or Christmas crafts!  Thanks so much for visiting me here and your wonderful comments are much appreciated!

Until next time,

Jan



5 comments

Sherri said...

Stunning cards, Jan. Your creativity amazes me. Every time I see one of your blog posts, my wish list gets longer.

scrappergirl56 said...

This Sherry agrees with what the first Sherri said...if only I could craft 24/7/365...LOL...then I still couldn't get everything made that I would like to make...so many cool projects, so little time...

Unknown said...

Love them all! TFS Jan!

Erica H said...

These are so beautiful! Pinning...

Freddie Bubblescrap Sleijpen said...

Absolutely magnificent...all of them.

Back to Top