GEO SPRINGTIME - TIM HOLTZ SIZZIX CHAPTER 1

Hello everyone!  Happy New Year! It's been awhile since I've posted anything, Christmas was busy as usual here.  Not only that, I have been busy working on some secret projects for Tim Holtz. Have you been watching any of his Sneak Peek Facebook Videos?  So many good products this year!  Tim released his Sizzix Chapter 1 dies this month which are already available. Love them all! Today I'm sharing a few cards made with the Geo Springtime Thinlits set.


Using the Butterfly die, I created this simple acrylic card.  The butterflies are die-cut from Mixed Media cardstock, also the Mini Scallop 3-D Impresslit borders.  When cutting the green cardstock back, cut it allowing for the top overhang (about 1-1/2") that you will score.  Cut out a piece of clear acrylic in your chosen card size, and adhere to the the back of the top folded over card front, then a piece of cardstock to the front and back on the bottom, and a piece on the top back.  Adhere the die-cut butterflies and Remnant Rubs Tiny Text sentiment to the card acrylic front.  On the inside of the card, I used a piece created with various Distress Oxide Inks on Alcohol Ink Glossy Paper and a light coat of Distress Micro Glaze(This glaze seals in and brings out the layers of vivid colours like magic). Scraptime has a video with Tim demonstrating at Creativation last year here. When I'm playing with different mediums or techniques, I always save the scraps of paper to use for future projects, comes in handy!


I also created two more cards with the hummingbird and rabbit from this set.


For the hummingbird, I die-cut my bird from Distress Mixed Media Cardstock that had been coloured with Distress Ink.  I traced the bird shape from my die onto white cardstock and cut the shape out on the inside of the line.  This makes the shape slightly smaller than the die-cut, but you might have to trim it a bit more.  Green cardstock was used for the Garden Greens thinlits.  These were adhered to my matted background (Tim Holtz Worn Wallpaper), then the bird pop-dotted on top. Hello Friend was die-cut from Tim Holtz Thin Pondering Words  Thinlits Set on White cardstock.  The words were matted on green cardstock, and the ends were snipped with scissors.  My pink background is stamped with Distress Ink and the Mesh & Linen (CMS221) stamp.


The rabbit was die-cut with yellow cardstock.  I then die-cut the rabbit again from Tim Holtz 
Wallflower paper, but this time used the negative piece.  Make sure you have your paper size cut out and the rabbit die positioned where you want it on your background.  I used a piece of Wallflower vellum behind the rabbit.  Just cut out a piece slightly larger than your die-cut and adhere it to the back. To finish off my inside, I then die-cut another rabbit from a piece of paper, again using the negative piece.  This goes on the inside of your card, keep in mind that the backside is facing out and you have to match up the two die-cut shapes. 'Smile' was die-cut from Shadow Script #2 and my foliage is Wildflowers .


You can see how the patterned vellum shows up in the light.

I've shown you three different ways to use this one die, and I'm sure you can think of many others! 
I've created more cards for this release, projects for his next Sizzix release and the Creativation Booth, so come back to visit!  I will be sharing soon!

Thanks so much for visiting me here!

Jan


2 comments

scrappergirl56 said...

Fun cards, loving the peak-a-boo window with the Rabbit...fabulous idea.

Unknown said...

Oh Jan , I just LOVE, LOVE , LOVE your work and miss you so much at Urban
Hope you are well!!!
Cindy A

Back to Top