BIRD & EGG COLORIZE VIGNETTE TRAY - TIM HOLTZ SIZZIX RELEASE 2022

 Hello everyone, it's been awhile!  I've been busy creating with the new Tim Holtz Sizzix release and it's a fantastic one!  Here's my first project, created with the new Bird & Egg Colorize set, and also the Quilted Embossing folder.


I love anything with birds, so this set really appealed to me.  I've used the back side a Vignette tray (TH93568), the 6 x12 inch size for my project.


I've used Heavystock (tda76322)that I coloured with various Distress Sprays and Distress Oxide Sprays.  The first die-cut layer is cut out with black kraftstock.  Sizzix has great videos on their YouTube Channel that show the entire process of assembling every Colorize Die.  Very helpful!



Here is the bird all put together!



I've die-cut three eggs, different tones.  These papers were also coloured with Distress Sprays and Oxide Sprays (Antique Linen, Tattered Rose Oxide, Scattered Straw Oxide, and Tattered Rose).  A great way also to use all those scrap pieces that you have saved!


Emboss a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Cardstock TDA53927 with the new Quilted Embossing folder.
I've chosen to colour this with Distress Sprays after embossing (Shabby Shutters Oxide, Old Paper, and Rustic Wilderness Oxide); I like the way the sprays sit in all the recessed areas.  Sometimes you can lose a bit of the embossing though, because of the liquid. You can't really see it in the photo, but there's a very subtle pebbly, leather-like texture to this folder, which it looks like it’s a textile when embossed.  I also took my small ink pad (frayed burlap) and lightly skimmed it over the stitching. So good!



My quilted piece of cardstock is placed behind a Lace Baseboard Frame TH93786 that has been coloured with a Distress Walnut Stain crayon and a small amount of Rustic Wilderness Embossing Glaze in the two corners.



For my "nest", I used Sizzix Funky Wreath 664434 and brown cardstock.  I've cut out a few and cut them in pieces.



The Vignette Tray is covered with Backdrops paper Vol. 1 TH94177, front and sides.


The tray is longer than the paper, so I've combined two pieces, most of the seam is behind the tree branch.
I've distressed the edges with Distress Crackle Texture Paste and Distress Crayon.  The Lace Baseboard frame is adhered about an inch from the top of the tray.


I had this larger bit of tree branch, it's about 4 1/2" long, and it was about 2" in diameter, which my husband cut it in half for me.  This was nailed to the tray about an inch below the frame and is used for my ledge for the nest and eggs.


I've hot glued moss, and the cut up pieces of wreath on the top of the branch.  I've added in my die-cut eggs, one of them has been cut a third off the bottom, so it is shorter.  I have also die-cut and coloured with Distress Sprays some foliage using the Brushstroke Flowers 665209 and Brushstroke Flowers 2 (665210) dies.  The white floral emphemera piece is the the Field Notes package TH94051.


A metal Wordband TH93000 was added to the top.  White Picket Fence Distress Crayon and paint was added.


Here's another look at my project.  Hope you enjoyed the tutorial! Make sure you check out the other projects created for this new release from all the makers!  Details on Tim's website.
Thanks for stopping by,
Until next time 

Jan

3 comments

Unknown said...

Another stunning project Jan.

Paper Wishes said...

The colouring in this bird is wonderful and the log adds such a great touch lovely work as ever. x

Anonymous said...

Just adorable! Love love love the piece of branch! So clever! Nice hubby!

Back to Top