LOVE CARD - TIM HOLTZ SIZZIX EVERYDAY 2023


Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing a card using the Tim Holtz Sizzix 2023 Everyday collection.  The wedding season is upon us and I thought it would be fun to create a card.  I always like to create a special card to include with the wedding gift, which lately it seems like it ends up as gift card or money, so a special card becomes the gift too.  This card can also be for an anniversary too.



 I gave myself a challenge of using the Gentlemen Thinlits set with this wedding theme.  I have also used The Alphanumeric Bulletin, Mini Brushstroke flowers, and the Entangled 3D Texture Fade Embossing Folder.


I love the new Tim Holtz Classic Sparkle Kraft Stock.  These silver or gold sparkly papers can be embossed, sanded or distressed to create a vintage look.  The sheets are very smooth, it's like the really thin Deco vinyl sheets, but printed on kraft stock.  I've embossed a gold piece with the Entangled folder, sanded and slightly inked the raised areas.


The word "love" is die-cut with a pearl cardstock (Sizzix) tinted lightly with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink.  I die-cut the letters again with Black Matte Cardstock and used the outside ring.



I always end up using a few matts in my cards, I like all the layers and it just seems to finish off the card.  If you're worried about the weight of the front, just add in an extra matt on the inside of the card. I just adhere the corners of the inside matt, so it can be easily removed, just in case the recipient wants to reuse the card. My main card base is the pearl cardstock, my pink patterned paper is from the new Backdrops Vol. 5(I machined stitched around the edge), and the embossed paper is backed with black cardstock.


I wanted to include a female partner for my "Gentleman" so I decided to use a paper doll (the cheeks and flowers were lightly tinted with Distress ink).  We need a set of Victorian Lady die-cuts!  The patterned paper circle is cut from the Backdrops volume 5, also used, a Collage Strip, and a Transparency Circle.



Everything was adhered behind the transparency, the excess parts of the paper doll and collage strip were trimmed.


My Gentleman was diet from the Gold Sparkly Kraft Stock and also black cardstock.  The black was adhered slightly to the right with pop dots.  The gold piece was lightly sanded.


I've die-cut lots of the brushstroke flowers also from the gold Kraft Stock.  Some of the flowers also have pieces die-cut from my Backdrops pattern paper remanent.  When I have small layered pieces, I usually apply double faced adhesive to the back of my paper before die-cutting.  The gold sparkly was also lightly sanded.



Here's a closer look at the finished flowers after everything was adhered to the card front.


Here's another look at my finished Card.



Here's another wedding card using the  same dies, except instead of the Gentlemen thinlits die, I used the Tailored (666289) and die-cut my heart with True Love (666290).

Thanks so much for visiting here.  It's been awhile since I've been paper crafting, I took a break to get some things done.  Lots of sewing, working in the yard (what a mess after winter and we went from minus temperatures to record highs in less than a month here!) and of course the dreaded tax time!  We've been visiting the granddaughters, (can't show up without some new clothes sewn by grandma)so I'll have more time in the craft room when we get back! 





Supplies

Gentlemen Thinlits 666286
Alphanumeric Bulletin Thinlits 666281
Mini Brushstroke  Thinlits 666284
Entangled 3D Texture Fades Embossing Folder 666155
Sizzix Opulent Cardstock Pack 664553

Idea-ology Paper Doll
Idea-ology Collage Strips TH94238
Idea-ology Backdrops Volume 5 TH94309
Idea-ology Transparent Layers TH94326

Distress Ink
Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Matte Black Cardstock TAC65487


Adesive, pop dots





No comments

Back to Top