Happy Birthday Card

Hello everyone!  With all these wonderful new big dies that have been released at the winter CHA(Craft & Hobby Assoc.) show, I sometimes overlook the smaller sets.  But these sets are usually the ones that I find those small dies that I look for to complete cards.  Someone was asking me the other day, what small flower dies do I use for my cards.  Sizzix has Thinlits cards sets that have anywhere from 12 to 20+ dies in each set and usually it's those ones that have great small flowers.  Here are two new Thinlits sets from Sizzix that I think are wonderful for cardmakers.  I created this card:


With just cardstock, vellum, and patterned paper, I created this dimensional birthday card.



The Sizzix Brenda Walton Floral Wreath Thinlits 23pc. die set (660256) is a great set, look at all those pieces!  I love the font on this Sizzix Happy Birthday 3pc Thinlits set from Jen Long (660368) too.


I used BoBunny's new collection, "Garden Journal" for my card.  After my card base was prepared (matted postcard on patterned paper on cardstock), I was ready to apply my various die-cuts.

  To die-cut these Thinlits, my Sizzix "sandwich" used was, Sizzix Magnetic Platform (656499), new Precision Base Plate (660230), paper, Thinlits die(facing down, cutting into metal base plate), Standard Cutting Pad.  These new Precision Base Plates are a metal base that replace a clear acrylic cutting pad (they are the same thickness), and when cut into, there is no give, giving a sharper cleaner cut.  The Happy Birthday was die-cut with brown cardstock, then a thin coat of Olive Vine Twinkling H2O's to give it a slight green shimmer.  The flowers were die-cut with pink cardstock, then sprayed with a combination of Distress Stain Sprays (Victorian Velvet, Tattered Rose, and Aged Mahogany).  While the flowers were damp, I moulded them and attached the layers with a brad.  The green leaves were die-cut with green cardstock, then the edges inked.  Patterned paper was used with the square die-cut, then edges inked.  The two butterflies were die-cut from patterned vellum (Webster's Pages), the edges darkened with a Tim Holtz Distress marker.  The filigree butterfly has Prima's pink Sugar glued to random areas.
 Once I had my die-cut embellishments finished, I adhered everything to my card base.


Here is my finished card again!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan


3 comments

Samra said...

What a gorgeous vintage looking card! Thank you for the inspiration :)

Мария said...

Great colors and so delicate card!

Мария said...

Great colors and so delicate card!

Back to Top