For those of you...

who scrapbook the boys or men in your life, Basic Grey's new Oxford line is perfect.  I love the rich colors and plaids in this line and it also has a school theme.  This week's palette for The Color Room matched perfectly with some of these papers, so I came up with this layout:

My youngest son is always wearing some kind of hat, but his university graduation cap is my favorite!  He graduated last year from the University of Alberta with a Bachelor of Design degree.  He's had a good start in his career, just recently he and his two friends designed an interactive children's room in our Provincial Art Gallery(called Drawn Outside).
I used the Color Room's sketch this time,  and just turned it around.  The sketch had a decorative edge or ribbon on the one side, but I decided to make a "guy" type of ribbon.  I used chain, which I glued to my page.  Then I put a layer of Crackle Accents (Ranger) along the edge of the chain.  Before the crackle dried, I placed mini puzzle pieces and lots of tiny watch parts on top.  I  then added more crackle accents on top to hold all the tiny pieces.  Both of these, the puzzles pieces and bags of miniature watch parts are from Urban Scrapbook.
The gears are cut out with chipboard, using the new Tim Holtz mini gears die.  I then painted them with a light blue paint dauber and while it was wet, placed tissue paper (7Gypsies) cut out with the gears die also.  The paint kind of seeped through the tissue in some places which gave it a cool look.  The metal pieces are from Tim Holtz and 7Gypsies, and I had some vintage bullion angel hair (the coiled wire) that I stretched and wrapped around the gear.  The sticker letters were from Simple Stories, and the stickers are also from the Oxford line.

Thanks for looking!  The sun is finally shining here, I'm going for a walk!

No comments

Back to Top