Usually....

I hate gloomy, rainy days, but today I'm lovin' it!  I have the day off, I did all my running around, groceries, etc. on Tuesday, so I have my "cozy" clothes on and I'm not leaving the house!  My husband just got home from out of town this morning, and brought me my "Timmies" coffee, could it get any better?  I'm just scrapbooking (well, going to scrapbook, ... I better!) I've spent the morning looking for photos, playing with photos, checking out blogs, so now I should be inspired enough!  What to you do to get inspired?  If any of you have any great ideas or wonderful websites/blogs I'd love to hear about them.
For those of you that are searching for teacher gift ideas, check out Amy Heller's blog where she has made these cute apple shaped books:

















Or, if you're really ambitious, check out what Roxanne has made for teacher gifts.  Seriously, Roxanne?  You must really love your kid's teachers!  These books are amazing!  I don't think I would want to give them up!  If you have checked out her blog, you will also notice the tag she has made for demo night at Urban Scrapbook.  If you have nothing to do tonight, drop by the store to make one!
Here's another layout for The Little Black Dress Kit Club June kit:

Yes, I know, I am obsessed with butterflies lately!  It was that "all over the page" Martha Stewart butterfly punch that got me started!  Then I saw the punch with two little butterflies and one larger one used by some of the gals at the store, so I had to get that one.  That filigree one started calling my name soon after, so I brought that one home too.  That's the problem with working at a scrapbook store, you end up bringing something home everytime you work!
Anyways, I'm just warning you, there will be more layouts with butterflies!
This photo is of my husband's grandparents, shortly after they were married.  I was contacted by a woman in Wales, from Ancestory.com (another obsession) asking if we were in some way researching the same family.  Turns out we were, and she invited me to look at her family tree and her photos.  She has researched my mother-in-laws' family back into the 1700's, and had lots of old photos.  One of them was this photo which my mother-in-law had never seen of her parents before(love how her mom is standing on the step to be taller, she was barely 5 ft. tall).  Unfortunately, her father died suddenly when he was around forty, she was only eight years old, so she doesn't have very many photos of him.  I gave her a copy of this one and a few of him when he was a boy, she was so excited!  After looking at old photos, there's one thing that I noticed.  I love the ones that are taken informally, they might not be the greatest photo but you can see more of the person's personality.  I like looking at their surroundings, it makes for a more interesting photo, I think.  I wonder what our families will think when they look at all our photos years from now?  I know mine will be laughing hysterically at some of my hairstyles, that's for sure!
That's it for today, I'm off to my scrapbook room.  Have a great day!

1 comment

Sandra D said...

Hi Jan - love all the different butterflies and the way the touches of blue pop off the brown page. Such luck to get this amazing heritage photo and you have really done it justice with this gorgeous layout.

Back to Top