A little bit of Christmas, a lot of Halloween...


Before I get right into Halloween, I have a Christmas tag to share with you.  Did you know that Basic Grey has embossing folders and dies made by Sizzix?  I used Nordic Sweater from this set of two embossing folders; the nordic sweater and cross-stitch, which also has a bonus dove sizzlit die included, for my tag:

I used smooth white cardstock for my tag and elements. After cutting out the tag with Sizzix's tag die, I cut out the doves using the bonus sizzlit.  After these were cut out, I embossed the whole tag.  With a piece of lightweight acrylic, I cut out another tag and two doves.  Ranger has a new Emboss It Dabber
which I used around the edges of the acrylic doves. Then I used my new favorite medium, Sticky Embossing powder, which when heated turns sticky!  I sprinkled on Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter on the sticky parts.  The acrylic tag was sewn to the back of the embossed tag.  The edges of the cardstock tag were embossed with the sticky powder and sprinkled with the clear Rock Candy Glitter also.  I glued the acrylic doves, with Glossy Accents, in the cutout dove areas on the tag. It doesn't show up as well in the photo, but you can see through the doves.

For the final touch, I cut out Sizzix's Tattered Pinecone and Festive Greenery from white cardstock and after adhering to the tag, covered with Rock Candy Crackle paint and Rock Candy Dry Glitter.  I added ribbon and tulle to complete my tag.  

And now on to Halloween!  This week I am a guest designer here:


There will be lots of inspiration and prizes, a great way to start off October!  It all starts on Tamara's blog, Happy Life Crafty Wife with her "Ghostess with the Mostess' Challenge" today.  Here's a sneak peek of my project which goes up tomorrow:

Have a great day and see you tomorrow!
Jan




6 comments

Shelly Hickox said...

You are ridiculously talented...you know that? I am madly in love with your tag! It's utterly beautiful and you always have the most original techniques to share. Now I need to go check out your Halloween project!

Paula said...

I look forward to this time of year when everyone in blogland is sharing Christmas/winter projects. Your tag is exceptionally beautiful. TFS

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous tag, I love the all white and see through doves! Can't wait to see the halloween project...

Sandra D said...

Love the all-white (almost) project. The idea of putting the clear tag behind is brilliant.

Unknown said...

Stunning tag! Love your wonderful idea with the acrylic! TFS!

dkjones said...

Wow, I absolutely love your tag. It is so lovely and delicate looking. Thank you for sharing.
Debbie

Back to Top