It's Almost Halloween...

and I have one more project to show you.  I've been playing with my new Sizzix Pop 'N Cuts base and decided to make a Halloween Card.  Here is the front:
I wanted my card to be a little bigger so I cut a 6 x 6 card base and adhered my Pop 'N Cut card to the inside.
I cut out the Sizzix Movers & Shapers Headstone Diecut  with the magnetic Movers & Shapers mini 31 in the bottom corner, using We R Memory Keepers dark purple paper.  I embossed a spiderweb with Tim Holtz's Halloween Cutouts stamp with clear ink and embossing powder, inked the gravestone with Distress ink, Seedless Preserves, mostly on the outer edges. Fill the "31" with Rock Candy clear crackle paint, let dry and then stain with Rusty Hinge distress stain.  I was ready to adhere my gravestone to the center pop up circle, but because the edge was not a straight edge and my piece was quite large, I adhered a piece of paper to the back.

Now watch my little video, to see the skeleton on my card!

This part is a little confusing, but Karen Burniston explains it perfectly here.  I don't know how she thinks of these things, she's amazing!  Once you figure it out, these are so fun to add to your card.


For my card front, I used Echo Park's Chillingsworth Manor paper.  The gravestones were cut out with Sizzix's On the Edge Graveyard die, then embossed with their Poison texture fade.  I heat embossed it using Ranger's Antiquities Cement embossing powder.  I sanded it a bit after and inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink.  Love this embossing powder, it looks just like stone!  The bats and tree were cut out using my Sizzlit Decorative strip, Halloween Shadows.  I also cut out a banner using my Tattered Banner Sizzlit die and placed it underneath haunted sticker.
Hope you enjoyed my card, and if you have the Pop 'N Cuts die, you have to try the spinner insert!
I did have a few more Halloween projects that I was hoping to get done , but I don't think I'll have the time to start them.  I guess I will be saving those for next year!
Until next time,

Jan

4 comments

Claudine said...

Wonderful card!! I have got to get that pop and cuts die from Sizzix!!

Karen B said...

Jan, this is fabulous! What a great use of a spinner to have the skeleton spin out from behind the headstone. Adore!

Shelly Hickox said...

This is awesome, Jan!! I love the pop-up and I love the way you used the cement ep on the tombstones. Very cool card!!

Nancy Walker said...

Jan, I love the skeleton spinning out from behind the tombstone! How fun!

Back to Top