Happy Holidays


I've been making some cards for Urban Scrapbook's store display and thought I'd share a couple today. These two were made with Sizzix's embossing and framelit sets.  This one is called Ornament Set #2.  The sets come with two embossing folders and matching framelit dies.  After embossing, I just inked over the raised area with Tim Holtz Distress inks to bring out the designs.  The smaller embossed designs have matching framelits so you can cut them out as I did for the greenery behind the bow and the "Happy Holidays."  For the center of the embossed card, I made a poinsettia from Tim Holtz's Tattered Poinsettia die.  After cutting it out, I used his matching poinsettia texture fade (yes, it matches the die perfectly!), inked the edges, covered the petals with Rock Candy Crackle paint and threw a bit of glitter on top while it was still wet.  I certainly will be using this die and embossing folder a lot!
The cream paper and poinsettia patterned paper are from Glitz and the card base patterned paper is from Authentique.  The ribbon is from 7Gypsies, an old one from my stash.


This next card is made with Sizzix's Framelits set, "Ornaments".  The Merry Christmas is embossed and then cut out with the matching framelit, then pop dotted.  The Merry Christmas, birds, and a few areas on the ornament are highlighted with Ranger's burgundy stickles.  The patterned paper is from Pink Paislee.


Hope you enjoyed my cards, I'm busy making more!  
Until next time,

Jan

7 comments

Inkypinkycraft said...

These are beautiful..elegant and full of texture trace x

Nan G said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards !! So beautiful !!
Best regards Berdien

Anski said...

These are just gorgeous!

Kate Yetter said...

Wow! Gorgeousness! I love the embossed frame and the pointsettia!

paddie said...

Fantastic really beautiful
I just love how you made them all look like little masterpieces..

good job.
pat

dvezinaw said...

These are just darn Gorgeous!!! I love them and can't wait to start on my cards. I hope they come out looking half as good as yours. Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Back to Top