Perfect Moments

I can't believe it's the middle of November already!  We went right from a beautiful warm fall to full winter weather in such a short time.  Last week it started raining in the middle of the night and four hours later, this is what we woke up to:
It did not stop snowing for two days!  Even for us, this is too much snow, too early.  Those beautiful fall colors and warm weather are now a distant memory!  
I used one of my fall photos (a good reminder that we do get some nice weather!) for Urban Scrapbook's November monthly challenge.  We were out at my in-law's lake house and I captured these trees on our early evening walk.  In the monthly kit this month, it's filled with Teresa Collins paper and embellishments from her Vintage Finds collection:

There was also some die-cut muslin flowers in it, which I had fun playing around with.

I stamped them first with Archival ink, then stained and inked them.  After they were dry, I dabbed them with Ranger's Embossing dabber and then applied clear UTEE.  Immediately after it had melted, I pressed my rubber stamp into the melted utee (you have to work fast!) and that's how I got the embossed look.  To finish them off, ink or stain, then wipe of the excess, so just the crevices are tinted.  There's a chipboard keyhole in the kit, which I embossed with Ranger's Antiquities Rust embossing powder.  Love this powder, it looks just like rust!  The little tiny leaves that were cut out from the black tag were cut out with Memory Box's Leaf Swirl die.
Hope you check out what the other design team members have created with these kits, we have a very talented team!
Have a great day,

Jan

No comments

Back to Top