Compendium Of Curiosities Challenge #2

The Linda Ledbetter Compendium of Curiosities 3 Challenge #2 went up on Saturday.  I'm actually surprised that I completed this one too! This challenge is taken from page 56 of Tim Holtz's book, Distress Glitter Techniques.

Instead of doing a tag, I decided to use a Tim Holtz Folio for this challenge.     
                                                              This is the smaller one (7 x 9).


         Here's my project:                                                         

 

I decided I'm going to use the folio for all the Compendium Challenges so they are all in one place.  I'm committed now, I have to do them all!  
I've just decorated the front cover with this challenge and the inside will be done using another technique, then filled with my challenges.


Here's a closeup of my bird.  I used Tim's Wallflower collection for all the embellishments and cover.  I never get tired of using these papers!  The bird was cut out from one of the papers, adhered to thin chipboard, and glittered.  The leaves were die-cut from Sizzix's 659436 Tim Holtz Garden Greens die.  I used Rock Candy Glitter for the bird and Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress glitter for the leaves.


  
The flowers were die-cut from Sizzix's 656640 Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die.  The small flower buds were the smallest flower in this set.  I just used a stylus and curved them inward.  It's hard to tell in the photos, but the edges are glittered with Rock Candy glitter.  
One good thing about doing these challenges, it gets you using all those products in your stash!  Check out Linda's blog for some great inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by,


Jan

19 comments

GreenMonsta00 said...

This is absolutely amazing. Love how you made the small flower buds, and the distress glitter adds a vintage flair to the entire folder.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh Jan, this is totally stunning!! Absolutely love what you did with the cover and the idea of using the folio for all your makes is fantastic!! Great use of those glitters too and I adore how you did the flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Jan your folio is beautiful! That bird is just gorgeous. Karen.x

Sue said...

Stunning! What a great idea to use the folio to keep all of the challenges together. One of those, now why didn't I think of that ideas!

Nicole Wright Designs said...

This is so pretty. I love the flowers. Beautifully done.

Sharon Y said...

Jan, this is beautiful! What a great idea to use the folio for your challenge pieces n

Unknown said...

Jan this is truly lovely. Love the everything about this... Love your flower colors. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

Cheryl Grigsby said...

Beautiful, Jan! I love your treatment of this gorgeous paper. Your use of Distress Glitter adds to the vintage feel. Thanks for playing CC3C, can't WAIT to see how you fill it up! ;-)

Lisa H said...

Beautiful!! What a great idea to put all the challenges in one folio. =)

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Absolutely stunning Jan! I love everything about it, and especially the glittery leaves! Thank you so much for playing along on our glittery challenge at CC3Challenge.

Annette Green said...

Seriously gorgeous folio with the perfect accents of Distress Glitter. That's two in a row for you now. I love that your participating with us. Such inspiration!!

Tone M. said...

What a wonderful cover. Absolutely gorgeous

Jenny Marples said...

Incredible Jan. I love the way you blend so many colours on each element to give them an added dimension and of course the DG makes it extra special. Jenny x

iGirlZoe said...

Your folio looks incredible. It's deliciously shabby chic and grungy. Your flower is amazing. Love all of it.

Paula Cheney said...

Jan, it is beautiful. Love the way you can layer all the elements and make it look cohesive and never over the top. Just stunning work.
paula

Unknown said...

what an amazing creation! I love how the glitter looks... so subtle and delicate ^.^ gorgeous!

Hels Sheridan said...

OH MY! this is stunning, not only is it perfectly created it is also a genius idea to keep all your entries in one place... STUNNING art! Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Shelann said...

Love your decorated folio, beautiful and a great idea!

MORMOR said...

Stunning, gorgeous, fabulous, amazing, love! I am in love with what you have created and hope to use your ideas maybe on a canvas, but I do love the folio as your canvas.

Back to Top