Mother's Day Gift

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I thought I'd get my card made early, instead of leaving it to the last minute.  But when I got these new Susan's Garden dies, I decided to do something a little different. My mother loves flowers, but then don't we all?  With the Sizzix Gerbera  and Zinnia Susan's Garden dies I decided to make a small bouquet to fill a jar, made with Sizzix's Eileen Hull 3-D Canning jar die.



With the Sizzix GerberaBranches and Zinnia Susan's Garden dies I decided to make a small bouquet to fill a jar, made with Sizzix's Eileen Hull 3-D Canning jar die.





I made my canning jar first.  I cut out four jars, two of patterned paper and two of white chipboard. For the inside, I cut out one chipboard and one patterned paper.  The lid piece was a piece of cardstock, layered with adhesive backed foil paper and then die cut out.  I scored lines across to give it some interest.  I then painted the foil with black paint, then rubbed off the excess, leaving it just in the embossed areas. The paper was adhered to the cardstock on all the pieces, then I lightly inked the edges.


Once I finished all the pieces, I adhered the inside piece to both sides and then finished it off with the lid.


This is what the inside looks like. 


To finish off my jar, I die-cut a small label from Sizzix's Fancy Flip-it Framelit card set and adhered my "Mom" letters, die-cut from Sizzix's Tim Holtz Typeset die in the middle.

 Now onto my flowers!


I followed the directions on the flower die packages and there is also a pdf that can be printed on the Sizzix site for the flowers.
Once these flowers were assembled, I cut strips of wire for the stems.  With a hot glue gun, I adhered the wire to the backs of my flowers and then glued the leaves over top.


Once my flowers were finished, I hot glued a small piece of styrofoam to the bottom of my inside jar.  I filled halfway a small amount of dried moss, and then stuck my wired flowers into the foam.  To cover up the wires, I added more moss.


Your small Mother's Day bouquet is finished.  This would also be a great little gift to give someone who has allergies or is sensitive to scents.  

Hope I have given you some inspiration for your own Mother's Day gift!

Have a great day,

Jan



4 comments

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning and such a wonderful ifdea, I bet she will love it!

By the way, I would enjoy visiting your blog even more if you would witch off word ferification. This is now going to be my third attempt... :o(

Dana said...

Fantastic Jan!! I just saw this on pinterest and at first I really thought the flowers were real =0)

eileen hull said...

Wow Jan- this is fantastic! Susan's flowers in the Canning Jar are so beautiful! What a great tutorial too- love it :-) Thanks for using ScoreBoards!

Jean Bullock said...

I love it. Great job!

Back to Top