TIM HOLTZ SIZZIX CHAPTER 1 CARDS

Hello everyone!  I'm back today with the remainder of my cards created for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 release. I have enjoyed creating with this release so much, as I know all of you will too!


I did these cards back in October, November, so hopefully I can remember what I did! First up are two cards created with the Wildflower Stems #1 and Wildflower Stems #2 Thinlits sets. If you loved the previous Wildflower sets, you will love these slightly larger ones.  I die-cut my flower shapes for this card out of Tim Holtz Mixed Media cardstock.  I then covered my flowers with a light coat of Ranger's Crackle Paste. I let this air dry before colouring.  I use a combination of Distress crayons, Distress Markers applied with a Watercolour pen.  I apply a small amount of the crayon, then rub it into the crackled paper with a bit of water, usually using my fingers. Love how the crayons get into the cracks, highlighting them. I usually use a darker crayon in the cracks as it shows up a lot more.  I think I used the Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass, Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage  crayons (sorry I didn't write it down!). Patterned papers from Wallflower, and cardstock are layered, stitched for my card base. A bit of ephemera, vellum ephemera and Clippings Stickers go on next.  A small frame die-cut with Stacked Baroque and Distressed Woodgrain cardstock, then treated with Distress Stain and Crackle paste to highlight my flowers is next.  The ribbon is stained with Distress Spray Stain.




These Wildflower Stems were die-cut from Mixed Media cardstock coloured with Distress Oxides. I believe I used Dried Marigold, Squeezed Lemonade, and Antique Linen.  The background paper is also from Wallflower(TH93110) and cardstock.  My sentiment is die-cut with Gold Metallic Kraft Cardstock and the Thin Sentiment Words Thinlits(661807) set, which sorry, I didn't realize has been retired. The Thin Alphanumeric Set is still available and a great 3/8" 121 pc set, same font! Using the Sizzix Sticky Grid sheets when lining up your letters, is a must have for me!  I added a painted Butterfly Adornment(TH93689) and stained ribbon, along with stained Tim Holtz Mummy Cloth.



I'm so attracted to these larger negative space (not sure if that's what you call them!) dies.  I've always admired those paper cut artists, how I wish I had the patience and talent like them; so I guess this is the next best thing!  When I have them in my hand, I'm always trying to think of different ways to use them.  I had created a card a long time ago using this layout, so I thought why not with this Organic Thinlits die. This die does not have an outer edge, so you determine how big you want your border.  I die-cut this out of a dark grey cardstock and cut out my two triangles on each end.  Because this is a rectangle shape, you won't be needing part of the middle section.  I just measured one side and marked the opposite side the exact same measurement.  With my craft knife, I just cut across. This 6 x 6 card worked well for the size of triangles I ended up with (about 1/4" border).  I just cut a strip of matching cardstock to adhere across the top, finishing off the triangles before adhering to my Wallflower patterned paper/cardstock mat.  I also stamped and die-cut foliage from the Flower Jar  Thinlits with matching stamps (CMS297).  The butterflies and bee are from Entomology stamp set(CMS328) and Entomology Framelits set.  These were lightly tinted with Distress Markers.  Add in a Small Talk Occasions(TH93245)sticker and some dyed ribbon and Bouquet Findings (TH93569) to complete your card.




This time, I used the Organic die in my background.  I die-cut it with Distress Mixed Media Cardstock cut to measure the width and height of my Etcetera 8 x 4 1/2" tag.  With no outer edge on this die, I can make it the exact size I want.  I placed the die where I wanted the pattern to sit on my tag.  Adhere this to your tag with Distress Collage Medium.  I then applied Ranger's Crackle Texture Paste all over, trying not to apply too heavy so you don't lose the detail and dimension of the die-cut.  In some of the recessed areas I wiped away a bit where I had too much and along the edge, I used more so the pattern blends into the edge.  Once dried, use Distress Crayons to colour.  I used Peeled Paint, Walnut Stain, Forest Moss and Antique Linen.  For my small frame, I die-cut with Stitched Rectangles and Distress Woodgrain Cardstock that was stained with Distress Stain Spray. I also applied Crackle Texture Paste to random parts of the frame, then coloured with Distress Crayons.  A piece of Ephemera behind the frame completes it.  I also die-cut a Flourish with the 3-D Flourish Impresslits Embossing folder in Mixed Media Cardstock, painted with Distress Paint.  My pink coloured trim was die-cut with the 3D Mini Provincial Impresslits Embossing Folder.  To finish off my tag, I coloured the Bouquet Flowers (TH93569), ribbon, and Mummy Cloth with Distress Spray stains, a piece of Fringe(93688) and adhered Clippings Stickers(TH93583) and a Botanical Paperie Butterfly(TH93554).

That's the rest of my Tim Holtz Sizzix Chapter 1 cards.  I have more to share from his Sizzix Chapter 2 release and all my projects for the Idea-ology Booth at Creativation, coming soon.  Hope you come back to visit me!  Make sure you check out the other designers who also created for Tim Holtz, he will be posting about that.  Their projects are so amazing!

Thanks so much for visiting,

Jan


7 comments

Olga Fink said...

Fabulous creations!
Xoxo Olga

scrappergirl56 said...

Amazing projects, can hardly wait to get my hands on a couple of the new dies...thank you for sharing how you made these. Will definitely try my hand at one or two of these...

Nancy said...

The cards are so beautiful; I'm especially fond of the nature/flower types od cards. Your examples are gorgeous; love the backgrounds, layers, and colors. Thanks for sharing your inspiration!

Astrid Maclean said...

Your cards are all absolutely STUNNING, thanks so much for the inspiration, just love them!!!!

Theresa said...

love your cards. great inspiration. thanks as always for sharing.

Tina in Texas said...

These are amazing

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Amazing designs!!! So inspiring!

Back to Top