Compendium of Curiosities Challenges

I've gotten a bit behind in my Compendium of Curiosities Challenge projects.  I hadn't taken photos of the #5, #6 and recently completed #7 challenges, so I figured it was about time!

First off is Challenge #5, on page 39 called, Distress Watercoloring from Tim Holtz's book, Compendium of Curiosities Volume III.  Here's my completed project:

I decided to create an inside to the cover of my folio project from challenge #2.


Here's a look at my Distress Watercoloring.  I created a frame around my stamped image (Tim Holtz Classics #1 Stamp) with Tim Holtz Industrious stickers. Before adhering it to Tim Holtz Wallflower patterned paper that was trimmed to fit my folio, I embossed the left edge with the texture fade that is included with Sizzix's Layered Dragonfly die set. This was lightly inked.


I die cut flowers from Sizzix's Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Garland, and leaves from Spring Greenery
and adhered them underneath my stamped image.  I then adhered my page  to the inside of my folio with matte medium.

Challenge #6 was from page 37 of Compendium of Curiosities, called Altered Burlap Panel.
Here's my project:


I used Wendy Vecchi Gold and Crackle embossing paste, Tim Holtz Ephemera, Wallflower paper, Doily Stencil. Tissue, Distress Stain and Inks, and a Nature Adornment.  The metal zipper was die-cut using Sizzix's Zipper die.

And finally Challenge #7 from page 46, Painted Industrial:



Love this technique!  I used Sizzix's Tim Holtz Arrows and Boardwalk Texture Fade Set,  and  Layered Dragonfly die & Texture Fade Set.  Additional materials were, Ranger's Adhesive Backed Metal Foil, clear acrylic, Tim Holtz Distress paint, Wallflower patterned paper, Industrious Stickers, Metal Frame and also Izink pigment ink and stained seam binding.  



Here's a close up of my dragonfly.  There's a layer of embossed paper, then embossed acrylic which I had a bit of adhesive backed foil on the acrylic. 

There's my three challenge projects, hope you find time to join in on the fun or visit Linda's blog for great inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by,

Jan



17 comments

Mary Elizabeth said...

So glad you got a moment to put all of these up. Wow! I love them all! Tim's blueprint dragon fly is one of my favorite images. Gorgeous way to adorn the folio. Saw the burlap panel on Pinterest. Already pinned. Amazing texture and layers (cool zipper!). And that fabulous industrial tag ... oh my word Jan ... just incredible. Love the bits of foil tape on the dragon fly. You have a great composition here and that background is perfect. Thanks for sharing these -- Mary Elizabeth

Unknown said...

All of your work is amazing Jan! Love how you did the inside cover of your folio!

Paula Cheney said...

Jan these are wonderful. So inspiring! I can't even pick one I like best because they are all great. Glad you took the time to share...going back for a 3rd... okay, 4th look.

AngelkissesbyLinda said...

Jan, I am in love with everyone of these. They are all amazing! TFS

Hels Sheridan said...

WOW Jan, a veritable feast for my eyes, love all your creations and especially love your dragonfly, he is magnificent... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge x

Evelyn S. said...

My jaw almost hit my computer desktop when I saw your work! I got here through Pinterest...and I'm now following your blog. Amazing!

Lisa said...

Hello Jan,
After catching a glimps of your amazing creativity on Pinterest, I just had to stop in and say WOW and OMGosh... They're all incredibly beautiful! Your work is superb. ♡♡♡
Hugs,
Lisa

Colleen O said...

Your dragonfly for CC3 Challenge is fantastic. Love the colors.

JanBianchi said...

Amazing pieces....

Unknown said...

Well I have to say that I too LOVE dragonflies... they are so dynamic... and you have stepped them up another notch.. .LOVE all these projects... Love ,Light and Peace...Bonnie

Annette Green said...

I don't even know what to say anymore, Jan. These are all beyond beautiful in every way. You always inspire me so much with your creativity. Simply gorgeous work all the time.

Bonnie Schulte said...

Beautiful, simply Beautiful!!

Rea' said...

These challenge projects are gorgeous ... love, love ,love the canvas!! The colors in your industrial paint challenge are awesome !!

sara j said...

That is THE coolest dragonfly....Flat out COOL!!!!

sara j said...

The metal one....

Unknown said...

Love, love, love! Your work is awesome! I frequent Michael's a LOT and stumbled upon the Holtz products; have absolutely no idea what to do with them or where to begin (•¿•). Asking a sales associate is out of the question;-) So, did you figure all of this out on your own, or is there some master site? Thank you for your help!! Keep up your awesome art!!

Unknown said...

These are Awesome!!! Big fan!

Back to Top