I spoke too soon..

on my last post.  I said everything was o.k. so far (from my treatment).  Well, two days later it hit me and it was not pretty.  I'm still not feeling great, but at least my joints are less painful, my fingertips don't feel like I took a hammer to them and my eardrums don't feel like they are going to pop.  I wasn't prepared for all that, in addition to the other side effects, so next time I will know that I won't be able to do much of anything.  There was no scrapbooking for me, but I did do this layout before I started feeling crappy.  I haven't been on the computer much, so I haven't had a chance to post it.  It's another one for The Color Room, palette #12.

























When my husband and I took his mom to Wales, we stayed in London for three days before we left for home.  The day we arrived, we checked into our hotel, across from Hyde Park, and immediately went for a walk in the park.  We came upon the Royal Albert Hall and mom was so excited, it was her dream to go there one day and watch a performance.  So we decided to check out if there was anything the following night, that we could see. Well, there wasn't, but the lady at the ticket counter said there was three tickets available for that night's performance (there was a cancellation) and would we be interested.  It was going to start in 45 minutes so there was no time to go and change, but we said o.k. why not.  Well, it turned out to be a big gala for the Queen's birthday, and everyone there were dressed in ball gowns and tuxedos!  Did we ever feel out of place!  But our seats were amazing, something like tenth row, right of the stage.  It was a spectacular show, mom was in heaven and even at the end, balloons from the ceiling dropped and everyone started singing and waving flags.  We still laugh about us in our blue jeans among all those fancy dressed people!
I did include journaling  about our evening on a large tag and tucked it behind the large photo.  I used some really old Daisy D's paper on the background and edges(where I've cut the paper in small squares)
and some Die Cuts with a View-Mariposa paper (the butterflies were cut out from this paper).  Pink Paislee Artisan frame and Fancy Pants letter stickers.
I've been trying to get my projects done for the "Little Black Dress Kit club" so hopefully I will have those posted soon.  That's it for me today!

2 comments

Jody said...

This Lo is amazing Jan! Thanks for sharing it with us. Glad that you are on the mend from your last treatment...when do we get to see you?

Unknown said...

OH dear, that must have been the taxotere.... yep, my fingers felt like they were slammed in a car door. It was horrible. Did they give you steroids? Steroids helped me a lot. Made me fat, but I felt better. The weight is coming off now, so don't worry about that. {{{hugs}}}

Back to Top