Hello there...,

I've neglected my blog the past couple of weeks and haven't done much scrapbooking, I just felt I needed a break.  That, and I seemed to take longer getting over my last treatment, especially the numbness and pain in my fingers.  Could be too that I'm just impatient to get this all behind me!  It has been nice, the last week to be able to go out more, taste my food again, and best of all, work a few hours at Urban Scrapbook!  It is tiring, but it feels good to surrounded by creative people(the ladies I work with are amazing scrapbookers) and we have the best customers!  Everyone has been so thoughtful and kind; they all truly feel like friends rather than customers and work colleagues.

I haven't been feeling very creative lately, maybe being at the store again will get me going!  I know I will definitely be trying to catch up on my buying, especially because all the new releases are arriving!  Also, Jen Starr from Ranger Ink and Tattered Angels is coming to Urban on September 29th.  She will be teaching three classes that day, so check out Urban's website  for information.  I believe these are the same classes that Tim Holtz teaches at Ranger U!  I'm looking forward to learning new techniques!

I did manage to get my Urban Scrapbook September challenge layout done, using the wonderful new Sassafras lass.  The photo is my daughter at around age 2.  I laugh whenever I look at this photo, she always had to accessorize her outfits, even at this age; and she had her book upside down!





















































Our word this month was "Adore".  I used the backside of the stickers (with the backing still on) as masks, and inked  them on the canvas paper.  These September kits are available at Urban, also check out the other fabulous layouts from the design team!

Tomorrow I will be posting a fall mini book that Pat started and I finished off.
Have a great evening!

4 comments

Michelle said...

This is beautiful!! I love all of the layers and misting/inking! Your work is always so pretty!! I peeked thru your gallery at 2 peas! ;)

kim c said...

what a gorgeous layout. love all your elements and techniques. bravo

Pat Carson said...

It's is so great having you back at work but most of all having my sister back! I love you!

Sandra D said...

It is so great that you are back to blogging - your posts are always so gorgeous. This layout is wonderful. I will take a trip into the store to see it in person as I don't want to miss any of the amazing details.

Back to Top