I don't know.....

  ..where this month has gone, but it's almost over!  Usually I have my house decorated for fall the beginning of  September, but I haven't even started.  I'm blaming it on the weather, it's been so cold here, it feels like the end of October!  This weekend has been nice and warm, so hopefully it stays, and we have some nice fall weather.

Next weekend, on Sunday October 3rd, is the"CIBC Run for the Cure" for the Canadian Breast Cancer foundation. My sister Pat and her daughter decided to participate in honor of me, so I decided to join them(I won't be running, I'll be walking!).  So if any of you scrapbooking ladies from Edmonton are going, we might see you there! If anyone would like to donate to the Canadian Breast Cancer foundation, Pat, Kayla and I are registered on their website, www.runforthecure.com under Pat or Kayla Carson and myself, Janice Hobbins.  I'm hoping I'll be alright to go, it will be near the end of my radiation treatment, five more this week and three next week.  Then I'm done!  I have been feeling pretty good so far, just a bit tired, that's all.  I have been doing a lot more though, working a few days a week and more everyday stuff.  I still have no feeling in my fingertips or toes, I'm hoping that will go away soon!  My hair is starting to grow back, unfortunately there seems to be some gray(darn!) and so far, it's growing mainly around the perimeter of my head(something like the Friar Tuck look! hmmm, a new look?)  At least it's growing back, and hopefully my eyebrows and eyelashes will follow(I miss those!)  I hope that one day they will find a cure for this horrible disease so that all our family, friends and future generations will not have to go through this.  But in the meantime; remember ladies, check those boobies and get your mammograms!

I haven't had a chance to participate in "The Color Room" challenges lately, but I did do one last week for palette #24.  Here's my layout:
























I used for the background paper, Bo-Bunny's Mama-razzi paper, also some of the embellishments from this line.  The yellow dot paper is from Pink Paislee, the blue patterned paper is from Creative Imaginations.  The letters in the title are from the Girl's Paperie and the journaling circle is Basic Grey.
I made my flowers, accordion style and the blue center on the bottom one is from My Mind's Eye (lost and found collection).  I wasn't sure if I liked the color combination in this palette, but once I chose my papers, I quite liked the blue, yellow and green combo.  The photos are from last summer on Urban Scrapbook's photowalk.  I really enjoyed the walk, hopefully we do some of these again, maybe next summer!
Other than that, I have been working on a few projects for Pat and next month's monthly layout challenge.  Here is a sneak peek!  























This is a busy week for Urban, Jen Starr, a certified Ranger educator, will be teaching all day at the store on Wednesday.  Her classes are the same ones that Tim Holtz teaches at Ranger U.  I think there are still some openings for the morning class and maybe one or two for the afternoon class.  If you are interested, check with Urban Scrapbook.  We are busy getting ready for the Edmonton Creative Stitches and Scrapbook show    on October 1st and 2nd.  We have a booth there, so come check us out!  We won for best booth last year, so the pressure is on to come up with something just as fabulous!  It's a great show to attend, especially if you are like me, I love sewing and scrapbooking!  Two addictions in one place!  Hope to see you all there!
Have a great week!



1 comment

Jody said...

Jan! I love the LO of the photo walk...loved that you used the Mamarazzi line from Bo Bunny!!! Great choice for sure! You look great by the way - I forgot to mention this the other day when I saw you...was preoccupied with Shea trying to eat all the buttons!!! Miss you lots!

Back to Top