OTIS ETCETERA TAG - TIM HOLTZ SIZZIX HALLOWEEN 2022 RELEASE

 Hello everyone!  I’m sharing my first project created for the Tim Holtz Sizzix Halloween 2022 release.  Tim’s YouTube videos are always available to watch for all his releases and the link to his channel and the makers projects are on his blog here.



I love anything with moons and pumpkins, so how could I not use these two new Colorize sets, Otis(665998) and Pumpkin Duo (665999) together! 


 I have used the  Small Etcetera Tag Thickboard (THETC-003) for my base.  This tag measures 10" x 5 1/2".  I still wanted a shadowbox effect, so I used Etcetera Scallop Trims (THETC -008) around the edge.
You will have to cut a few to make them fit.  I've glued them around the tag with Distress Collage Medium.  Once the medium has dried and everything is secure, paint with Distress Paint (Ground Espresso).




I've cut a piece of Distress Watercolor Cardstock to fit inside the scalloped edges.  Using the Stampers Anonymous CMS293 Brushstrokes stamp set, I've stamped with yellow ink (Squeezed Lemonade) and embossed with Fossilized Amber Embossing Glaze.


Now my stamped image is embossed, it will resist the Distress sprays used on the background.  This image is going to be behind the Otis moon die-cut.


The stars are die-cut into my background, using Sizzix's Falling Stars Thinlits set (664732) and a Sizzix Diffuser (657945).  These diffusers are retired, but you might have this set in your stash or a scrapbook company might still have them.  These plates have a shape cut out in the middle or the shape itself, and are used instead of your top embossing plate.  In the middle of this plate, there is a circle cut out, and when used as your top embossing plate, it will not die-cut where the negative space is, as there is nothing there to press into the die.  So my stars are die-cut on my paper except where the circle shape is.  Some of them did not die-cut all the way through, but I liked the effect of having just the outline in the paper. 



Next I coloured the background with various sprays.  I've used Walnut Stain Distress Spray, Seedless Preserves spray and Oxide spray, the new Distress Mica Stain sprays; Fortune Teller, Decayed and Harvest Moon.


I love these new Mica Stain Sprays, I know the photo doesn't pick up the shine enough, but the shimmer is beautiful!



I've gathered up some Stampers Anonymous stamps to add to my background. The sets used are; Halftone & Rings CMS260, Classics #16 SCF016, and Regions Beyond CMS274.

The images were stamped with Villainous Potion Archival Ink (AITK75127), then embossed with Antique Linen Embossing Glaze.


A small amount of Statue Foundry Wax (Kit 2 TDAK80442) was used randomly on the raised areas of the embossed images. 


My Colorize Otis and Pumpkins were then cut out.  I've coloured my Distress White Heavystock (TDA76322) with different yellows and oranges in Distress Sprays, Mica Stain Sprays and Oxide Sprays.  The best way to learn how to assemble the Colorize Dies is on the Sizzix YouTube Channel.


Here's a close up of my pumpkin duos. Halloween Mica Stain adds some nice shimmer!


This is a piece of heavy stock coloured with Distress greens and the new Mica Wicked Elixir Mica Stain.  Look at that shimmer!  This was used for the stems of the pumpkins.



Here's a close up of Otis.


I've adhered a piece of Metallic Kraftstock behind the upper part of the background paper, where the stars are cut out.  This was then adhered to my Etcetera Tag.


Adhere Otis in front of the stamped yellow image with foam adhesive squares.
A coloured paper doll (the miniature size) was adhered to the moon.  I've also added transparency bat wings to the paper doll girl (TH94235).


Distress Halloween Crypt Paste TSHK81081 was added to the sides and top of the Etcetera tag, and also on the inside.  After the Crypt paste had dried, I applied a small out of Translucent Crackle Paste (TDA79651) in a few places.


At the top of the tag, I've added an Halloween Bat Adornment (TH94250), just above the hole and a small spider adornment (TH94250). These were coloured slightly with Mined Foundry Wax (TDAK80435). Also, Pumpkins(TH94267) were painted a darker orange, highlighted with a touch of Burning Ember Mica Stain  (TSHR81098).  Funky Foliage Thinlits die-cut with green coloured Distress Heavystock (Rustic Wilderness Distress Spray and Burning Ember Mica Stain).  Spanish moss and coloured Mummy Cloth (TH94155) were added.


Another Paper Doll with an added Bat Wing Transparency was adhered to the bottom corner, next to the Pumpkin Duo. Bats were die-cut from the Otis Colorize set. More Funky Foliage pieces and spanish moss complete the bottom.



My miniature girl paper doll has a small die-cut star added to her hand.


And just because I always like to see some crackly goodness, here's a photo of one of the sides.


The back was covered with a piece of Halloween Backdrops paper.  This was from last year, but there is a new stack this year(TH94251).


Here's another look at my project!

I have more Halloween to share in the coming weeks.  It's been a crazy week, so I'm a little behind.  We became grandparents this week to our second granddaughter.  It was a bit of a surprise, she was two weeks early!  Mom had a bit of a health scare, but both are now doing well.  I've been doing some quick sewing for the new little one, now on to some fall things for her big sister!

Thanks so much for visiting!
Until next time,

Jan

3 comments

scrappergirl56 said...

The colors are fantastic, who would have thought....use Etcetera Trims to make a Vignette?! Otis is just the best...Congrats on the new grandbaby...what fun!

Alys said...

Congratulations on your new grandchild. I'm sorry about the scare. I can only imagine how worrying that would be.

Your project is stunning. I love all the detail.

Anonymous said...

This is ahhhamazing!!

Back to Top